Best Android Security?

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
Hi Everyone:

I've recently changed from BlackBerry (as I think their days are numbered) to an Android phone, can anyone recommend a good antivirus/security software for Android.

Hope you all have an amazing Christmas!

Tony :)

Reactions: FreddyFreeloader

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Common Sense 2015 Mobile Edition is more than enough ;)

Reactions: Oxygen

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Comodo & Avast are very good free options. Personally one of these 2 free programs are very good unless you happen upon a giveaway promo for one of the paid programs and want to give them a try.Comodo also has some nice extra features

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Comodo & Avast are very good free options. Personally one of these 2 free programs are very good unless you happen upon a giveaway promo for one of the paid programs and want to give them a try.Comodo also has some nice extra features

@exterminator20 Good advice! @Tony Cole From paid one I would choose ESET definitely. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Reactions: Tony Cole

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
Does anyone if Dr.Web is any good and if Ransomware/Cryptolocker type malware are a big threat?

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
Dr. Web is also a good choise, I don t think that ransomware are a big threat if you use the brain when you install some
unknown app.

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
Clearly most infections on Android comes from missclicking annoying ads when people run default browser on it. Most of the time redirection and fake apps will end in damage. Common sense and a well use of your mobile phone should be enough. Comodo is great IMO.

Janl92l

Level 7
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
hi, you can choose between Bitdefender mobile security, ESET , QIHOO, or even MCAFEE, this are all paid and they are the best on market but they have free versions too.
if you prefer you can use AVG or even AVAST.
you can try bitdefender, (i use it on my tablet) promo for 6 months:http://www.bitdefender.com/media/html/spread/stacksocial-bms/
Qihoo mobile antivirus is free and maybe the best out when it comes to detection. CM security is free too and have a decent detection rate,same for avira. Ups didnt see "thez have free versions too. I am sorry :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I will go for well known and have good track record like ESET, Kasperksy and Dr.Web

They will differ on the considerate stability and battery consumption, assume all features like anti-theft are pretty effective as long configured correctly. ;)

E

eight

Bitdefender Mobile Security & Anti-Virus simply for the Anti-Theft feature.

• Wipe out sensitive information
  • Locate the device on a map (IP technology)
  • Learn when the SIM is replaced
  • Remotely lock it from your online account
  • Force it to answer your next call

Have a look here Tony : http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/anti-theft.html

I am speaking from my personal experience in regards to a phone worth $1000 being lost by an acquaintance.

The above features that Bitdefender claims actually work to the tittle. Anti-Virus protection is top notch as well.

russ0408

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jul 28, 2013
I use Qihoo 360 also. Scans are really fast. I would also like to say Merry Christmas to everyone out there, and all the best to you in 2015.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Bitdefender Mobile Security & Anti-Virus alone covers 4 of the ten tips give at the link above.

That's why I recommend anyone using Android, iOS or WP to discover their phones before any installing apps. Browse the Settings, see what can be changed (if needed), to increase Privacy/Security etc.

Similar to a Windows PC, you have an AV to help prevent and protect, but at the end of the day it's the user who is in control of the device.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.