Best AV (Paid)

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
So what is considered the top paid AV out there these days? Kaspersky and Norton come to mind, but I am a little out of the loop as it pertains to paid AV's.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Well, many are not going to agree with me, but I'm going with Trend Micro.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It may differ from region to region, but Norton, Kaspersky and VIPRE may be the top paid AV suites.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
What a very simple yet difficult to answer question, Basically no doubt it's going to come down to personal opinion and users loyal to a product. /McLovin

I've always said there is no best, None can guarantee 100% protection and if they do, They're full of it.

As Earth said, It depends on region, India being QuickHeal, South America being ESET and Australia being AVG and so on...

My answer is none. They all have cons & pros and in any case free software (especially used together in combinations) is often better than paid suites themselves.

:)

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
You know, I am listening closely to all that has been said, and though there truly, at least in our minds, is no "best" AV, the ones that you all have listed are considered top-of-the-line in my mind.

Keep in mind that it is "AV", not suite, but I get the point. I think the best suites usually reflect the best paid AV's and vice versa.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
If I had to choose I'd choose Emsisoft.

I never like Emisoft for its false positives, but it seems to have a strong cult following.

Z

ZeroDay

I'm not a emsisoft fanboy by any stetch of the imagination. I love Avira but I need to see it start doing better in various tests before I can start reccomending it as my top pick again.

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
i would choose comodo IS over all products,but if i had to buy i would say either eset smart security or avast IS both are light and provide decent protection for me,if not then norton,i personally don't like karpersky and bit defender even through they are good but they are just not for me or in one word they don't impress me!

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
I am completely ignorant about Comodo IS? What is the infatuation with it?

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012
ZOU1 said:
If I had to choose I'd choose Emsisoft.

I never like Emisoft for its false positives, but it seems to have a strong cult following.

You should try the new v7 they are using BD's engine

FP's has gone down like hell, on a re-scan of my quarantine with the new BD's engine 6 out of 7 were restored :p

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
For Me with EAM v7 it was an other way round i got so much FPS that i had to remove it for the moment

My bet at the moment is ESET v6 when the stable version arrives (cant complain about eset about anything since it is good in detection / web-blocker and light on system only complain would be its HIPS but set to learning mode and its a good to go)

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
ZOU1 said:
I am completely ignorant about Comodo IS? What is the infatuation with it?

sEZBR.png

you will find many test on youtube search for it :)

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
As MrXidus has stated, it's more down to personal preference than anything else.

If you pick any of the big names, you'll be in pretty good shape.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Comodo isn't exactly a Paid AV, and it's not regarded as a Top AV including the wider audience.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.