Best combination of FREE AV + Firewall. What is yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Kong

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
I would like to know what will be your best combination of FREE AV + Firewall?

The criteria are simple, both AV and firewall must be 100% free for life, AV must come with real-time scanning engine, there are some free version of AVs but without real-time scan, they will not be considered here.

Previously, I was using free version Comodo IS(for several years until issue with my Win 8), their firewall is the best I can find.

360 TS has constant high detection rates in malwares-pack thread, so I will take it into the pair.

Thus my best combination of FREE AV + Firewall is:

360 TS + Comodo Firewall

Now share yours and why do you choose so?

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Free:

Bitdefender Free, Comodo Firewall mainly because of the sandboxie of the browser! And keeping small headaches from the PC. Also,avira pc cleaner as a secondary scanner.
And once a week adwcleaner for adware.

Last edited:

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
for me on Win 8.1 i use Windows Defender and Windows Firewall and works very well for me

The last time i tryed Avast free just a few months ago there Home Network Security that Scan your home network
for weak spots killed my Belkin router and i had to reinstall my routers firmware to get it working again

on there forums there are others that complane about it hurting there routers and in the forums thay say it
is not Avasts fault so what else is new lol

so i'm not trying Avast again for a few versions if at all

:)

James

Reactions: Sr. Normal
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.