Björn Englund Security Config

FireShootSK

Level 17
Verified
Feb 17, 2015
Hello my name is FireShootSK and i help you improve your config:

What version of Windows are u using?
Have you enabled UAC? UAC can safe your PC!
Install on-demand scanner example Eset online scanner, Zemana, EKK, Malwarebytes. This scanners are good because only one AV can not detect all malwares.
Install CCleaner. This program is very good and can speed up your computer very easy.
Install another webbrowser. Example Cyberfox,chrome,Firefox
Install HTTPS everywhere. Not all website using https protocol(exp. MT) and hacker who listening your network communication can very fast steal your passwords.
Install uBlock. uBlock is very simple and light Ad blocker.
Install BitDefender TrafficLight. BD Trafficlight is extension which detect and block malware url or Phishing sites.

And last be safe on internet! Malware is everywhere!

Thanks for sharing your config.
Sayonara ;)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
A little bit incomplete to your configuration:

1) What version of F-secure? AV or IS; Well you can configure very well to provide better performance and DeepGuard should protect you really good powered for better reference on their Cloud.

2) IE 11 is fine but likely little bit inefficient when it regards to browsing performance therefore a one or two browsers you need.

(Security is not a problem for IE 11)

3) Windows System backup + conduct system image + External HDD/USB to store important files + Cloud storage should be done to your backup category.

Björn Englund

Thread author
May 24, 2015
Hello my name is FireShootSK and i help you improve your config:

What version of Windows are u using?
Have you enabled UAC? UAC can safe your PC!
Install on-demand scanner example Eset online scanner, Zemana, EKK, Malwarebytes. This scanners are good because only one AV can not detect all malwares.
Install CCleaner. This program is very good and can speed up your computer very easy.
Install another webbrowser. Example Cyberfox,chrome,Firefox
Install HTTPS everywhere. Not all website using https protocol(exp. MT) and hacker who listening your network communication can very fast steal your passwords.
Install uBlock. uBlock is very simple and light Ad blocker.
Install BitDefender TrafficLight. BD Trafficlight is extension which detect and block malware url or Phishing sites.

And last be safe on internet! Malware is everywhere!

Thanks for sharing your config.
Sayonara ;)
I-m using windows 8.1 pro. UAC enabled, iobit malware figther pro, latest ccleaner, latest spywareblaster, advanced systemcare 8.2 pro. Have firefox and google chrome. Using https in firefox. Just installed uBlock and
BitDefender TrafficLight
1) F-secure Safe
3) Backups to an extarnal usb drive.

Reactions: Sr. Normal
S

starchild76

get rid of iobit malware fighter : it is a useless piece of crap software that only takes up ram and disk space , also get rid of spywareblaster : outdated technology , you can replace with peerblock. for on demand scanners : hitman pro , malwarebytes anti malware , emsisoft emergency kit. fsecures linkscanner should be suffieciënt for webpage scanning , get rid of bitdefender trafficlight cause these two overlap eachother and slows down browsing. if it would be my choice i would replace ublock with adguard.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Please edit your original config by Hovering over "thread tools" and clicking edit thread from the drop down menu

Ashampoo_Snap_2015.05.25_16h47m54s_001_.png

Fill in all open fields and or those you would like to change

Ashampoo_Snap_2015.05.25_16h48m57s_002_.png

Ashampoo_Snap_2015.05.25_16h49m33s_003_.png

With both CCleaner & Privazer there is no need for ASC Pro
Choose 2 or three good on demand scanners such as Hitman Pro,Malwarebytes antimalware,Emsisoft Emergency Kit,Herd Protect,ESET Online scanner
Then completely uninstall and remove all traces of IObit Malware fighter & SpywareBlaster
Consider adding a second browser

A complete Security Configuration or editing your original to reflect your current config and or updates will make it easier for other members to give suggestions for you to consider.Thanks :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

get rid of iobit malware fighter : it is a useless piece of crap software that only takes up ram and disk space , also get rid of spywareblaster : outdated technology , you can replace with peerblock. for on demand scanners : hitman pro , malwarebytes anti malware , emsisoft emergency kit. fsecures linkscanner should be suffieciënt for webpage scanning , get rid of bitdefender trafficlight cause these two overlap eachother and slows down browsing. if it would be my choice i would replace ublock with adguard.

i +1 this post; but i still prefer µblock :D

Reactions: starchild76

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.