App Review CheckPoint Harmony vs DeepInstinct Endpoint

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Here's a comparison of 2 enterprise antivirus products.
On my right, CheckPoint's Harmony (ZoneAlarm) under Kaspersky's engine. On my left, the essential DeepInstinct, which I've already presented.
The 2 programs have been configured to their maximum level in order to deliver their full potential.
The 2 suites are very solid.

CheckPoint Harmony :

Harmony presents itself with a very neat, but very detailed administration console. There are 2 versions: one runs on the Kaspersky engine, the other on Sophos.
For the test, I've selected the Kaspersky version.
The configuration is at maximum, and the rules were supplied by @Trident .

Harmony is very solid, both on the Web and on samples!
A bloated piece of malware containing Vidar almost installed itself, but it crashed. I suspect Harmony blocked it but didn't warn me...
Machine completely clean after the test.

DeepInstinct Endpoint :

DeepInstinct, which I'm no longer introducing, is a software program I greatly admire.
The administration console is very complete, but less detailed than Harmony, so you can do more things, and therefore tune the software more efficiently!
It has its own detection engine based on Deep Learning.
DeepInstinct also provides an excellent detection rate.
It can't analyze VBS, JS and other JARs, but it does have the luxury of blocking them at runtime!
It also blocks the installation of Vidar, which was trying to inject code!
Kaspersky detects 3 traces that I won't count because DeepInstinct had neutralized the malware itself.

Conclusion:

We've got 2 solid pieces of protection.
In terms of detection, Harmony and DeepInstinct are clearly a draw. Even though Harmony leaves less malware behind after analysis, the 2 programs kept the machine healthy and free of active infections.

Request : @Trident , @Kongo

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
How can it be a draw? How many malware samples you thrown at them? Like to have a breakdown of what malware types were tested.

If 20 creates a draw then throw a 100. If 100 creates a draw then throw more. One of them will sure show its weakness

BTW, which don't require me to read a 100 page manual?

:rolleyes:

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
@Shadowra Thank you very much! What is this song? very beautiful, very well chosen. You have good taste, it seems like a movie or your video, it's a pleasure to watch. I am not belittling other testers here in MT but @Shadowra literally blew up malware this time, the music matched the products a synchronization with music and an amazing tuning of the rhythm, the right point. It may be that I exaggerated, this video needs no comment, sorry guys may be that I got carried away, but I loved the video from the start. BTW sometimes I talk too much don't mind not .😍 🏆

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
How can it be a draw? How many malware samples you thrown at them? Like to have a breakdown of what malware types were tested.

If 20 creates a draw then throw a 100. If 100 creates a draw then throw more. One of them will sure show its weakness

BTW, which don't require me to read a 100 page manual?

:rolleyes:

I don't think you've seen the video, or only part of it.

In URLs, I used 15, and the URLs are of the day.
The fake crack is the same.
The pack contains more than 600 malwares (Worm, Trojan, RAT, injection etc) and I even included various attacks (JS, VBS, Java etc).
It's a draw in terms of protection, with the 2 solutions standing up to attacks with a clean system.

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
And how long would you have had to go to find the breaking point, or weakness of one of those solutions? You're keeping very busy @Shadowra here and with your day-to-day life, so thank you for this helpful and well crafted video, including the music :)

It took me about 4 hours to shoot the 2 parts.
I spent a lot of time analyzing the malware (I had several that I had recovered that no longer worked, even if I inadvertently left some on purpose) and I was chatting with @Trident while Harmony was being deployed.

Admittedly I'm busy (and even busier since I've lost my job, I'm in the middle of research) but nothing's stopping me from shooting videos :) I've even got 5 tests in the pipeline that I'll be uploading to you shortly ;)

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
I believe Harmony uses more technologies, and if both are a tie, then DI should be more superior.

Right?

Unfortunately not.
Harmony (like ZA) is based on Kaspersky. We know how responsive their labs are to threats.
DI uses its own AI. And it's just as reactive (it reminds me of WiseVector, which was discontinued).

And in terms of testing, the 2 are really at the same level. Even if Harmony has Web filtering (and DI doesn't), in terms of protection, it's exactly the same :)

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
It took me about 4 hours to shoot the 2 parts.
If it was an hour of video I would watch the same way, very well produced, you recorded, edited with care, gives pleasure to watch your video, to hear the background music, for you got everything right, even the transitions in an image to another were perfect. When he reached 7:06 the video of @Shadowra ends, I said that not now that the video is getting good, the test ends.:love:
The Harmony product blocked everything starting with the 15 URLS. The malwarre were all neutralized by Harmony @Trident was absolutely right I have to agree with him now, one day you will see Harmony if the product is good, and it is, I liked both products, DeepInstinct burst nothing was palliative for him too. Harmony ended with a clean machine, DeepInstinct ends with 3 traces detected by Kaspersky at the end of the video, but they were inert, they had already been neutralized, it's like leftovers, temporary files but it doesn't offer any risk.
👏👏👏🥉

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
You don't know this, as soon as I installed WiseVector not 1 week later it was discontinued, no time for me to use it and see it in action just in the videos, it was sad.😞

I believe WV has a motive to establish a presence in MWT, WSF etc.

DI started in 2015. I don't think the israeli company will disappear because it don't depend on MWT and WSF (and other forums) for testings before it goes commercial

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
I believe WV has a motive to establish a presence in MWT, WSF etc.

DI started in 2015. I don't think the israeli company will disappear because it don't depend on MWT and WSF (and other forums) for testings before it goes commercial
Yes, I believe you, who am I to judge, besides being your newbie I am last in line here in MT. I will not name names, they are members and super active here in MT and also our friends, but in another post they stated that the website is dead were several who reported and I visited actually appears nothing used the VPN connected to the Hong Kong, had no connection with Pequim, political reasons, even so does not return anything and another friend spoke below my post that I had asking if the developer of wisevector disappeared gave no satisfaction ... was not a member here in MT? Another friend of ours posted that his status was last seen on February 15, 2023 who follows me knows that I do not lie, I will not post link of posts, and who posted, because this is a post from @Shadowra and I have respect will leave off the topic of CheckPoint Harmony vs DeepInstinct Endpoint. But a few friends above my post, said it no longer gets updates on WS. It may have happened that the dev got sick or something more serious, I can't tell you what happened, the WS works only the HIPS, it's like you use only the CF but only the active HIPS and the new threats? how is it? I would expect the dev to return and that he is fine.:rolleyes:

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
You mean threat emulation by Harmony?

If yes, Harmony has more technologies like threat emulation, web filtering, files backup/restore. DI has none mentioned and can perform a tie means DI is better
Can you explain to me the logic behind this statement?

You have 2 programmes that block all malware, one has layer and layers of technology the other one doesn’t, yet it is inferior?

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Can you explain to me the logic behind this statement?

You have 2 programmes that block all malware, one has layer and layers of technology the other one doesn’t, yet it is inferior?
I took it to imply feature-wise (I gave it a Like) compared to security-wise, where they were both concluded with being solid as far as their protection.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
I took it to imply feature-wise (I gave it a Like) compared to security-wise, where they were both concluded with being solid as far as their protection.
They are a tie on malware protection. But then if you compare all other dangers which businesses can experience, these are:
  • Phishing (which is behind most breaches)
  • Credentials reuse by employees who are not careful
  • Attack investigation and response (Harmony is an EDR, DI is not)
  • Data theft and leakage
  • Network attacks
DeepInstinct does not protect against these and Harmony does, plus it blocked the malware. So how is DeepInstinct better, I am asking @HarborFront to explain the logic behind the statement that’s been repeated here few times.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.