App Review CheckPoint Harmony vs DeepInstinct Endpoint

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

ShenguiTurmi

Level 3
Well-known
Feb 28, 2023
Thats everything people have to know. Harmony is definitely more complete. DI only protects against malware, while it can't protect you from phishing and other attacks. When using Deep Instinct you should also rely on an external web-protection addon or secure DNS. If you only look for a strong, simple and light protection against malware, then Deep Instinct won't disappoint you. So it depends on the use case. I am a gamer so Deep Instinct feels like the perfect solution for me.
I have tried DeepInstinct on my gaming PC. if you turn on almost all the protections like shadowra in the test, I am afraid there is no way to play the game. the behavioral protection of DI detects steamapi.dll as reflex dll injection and intercepts it. I would prefer to use DI in conjunction with other solutions for work (and I am doing so) and generate almost no false alarms. :)

[correlate]

Level 18
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2019
I have tried DeepInstinct on my gaming PC. if you turn on almost all the protections like shadowra in the test, I am afraid there is no way to play the game. the behavioral protection of DI detects steamapi.dll as reflex dll injection and intercepts it. I would prefer to use DI in conjunction with other solutions for work (and I am doing so) and generate almost no false alarms. :)
eSentire and Deep Instinct partner to Bolster Cybersecurity Defense.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I have an app that Di saw as reflex dll injection (false+) and I created a very narrow exception for that policy for that specific app and now it runs as intended.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
But comparing DeepInstinct to Harmony as this thread is about Harmony vs DI, Harmony for me has been totally free from false positives except one, where Dell had forgotten to sign their executable and it was blocked by Anti-Ransomware.

I wasn’t that lucky when I deployed DI on business machines first, within hour of deployment tickets and calls started, people were complaining about detections that appear “out of the blue” without doing anything. It took weeks to clear it all out, until I finally gave up and put DI on a much more mild and quiet setup. On a business environment where not all software is “top notch” DI can be quite noisy.

The initial feedback now about Harmony (I’ve deployed it on 7-8 business machines to see how it will go) is much more positive. People haven’t realised there was a change of security software.
They also haven’t realised documents are passing through a threat extraction process at all.

Last edited:

cartaphilus

Level 5
Mar 17, 2023
But comparing DeepInstinct to Harmony as this thread is about Harmony vs DI, Harmony for me has been totally free from false positives except one, where Dell had forgotten to sign their executable and it was blocked by Anti-Ransomware.

I wasn’t that lucky when I deployed DI on business machines first, within hour of deployment tickets and calls started, people were complaining about detections that appear “out of the blue” without doing anything. It took weeks to clear it all out, until I finally gave up and put DI on a much more mild and quiet setup. On a business environment where not all software is “top notch” DI can be quite noisy.

The initial feedback now about Harmony (I’ve deployed it on 7-8 business machines to see how it will go) is much more positive. People haven’t realised there was a change of security software.
They also haven’t realised documents are passing through a threat extraction process at all

Is harmony available for home deployment?

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023

cartaphilus

Level 5
Mar 17, 2023
Thats everything people have to know. Harmony is definitely more complete. DI only protects against malware, while it can't protect you from phishing and other attacks. When using Deep Instinct you should also rely on an external web-protection addon or secure DNS. If you only look for a strong, simple and light protection against malware, then Deep Instinct won't disappoint you. So it depends on the use case. I am a gamer so Deep Instinct feels like the perfect solution for me.
I am also a gamer. Currently I have it paired with my 5 year old laptop that I do work stuff on and I don't feel any slowdown. The laptop used to run Fsecure trial but now runs defender and DI and honestly it feels the same.

Now my gaming system has eset premium so I wonder if I were to add DI to it would it slow it down or conflict? I know that DI manual has Symantec, MS Defender and Trend Micro configuration directions within its deployment manual so DI is expected to run on top of those solutions or rather along side of them.

Reactions: simmerskool

Xeno1234

Level 14
Jun 12, 2023
I am also a gamer. Currently I have it paired with my 5 year old laptop that I do work stuff on and I don't feel any slowdown. The laptop used to run Fsecure trial but now runs defender and DI and honestly it feels the same.

Now my gaming system has eset premium so I wonder if I were to add DI to it would it slow it down or conflict? I know that DI manual has Symantec, MS Defender and Trend Micro configuration directions within its deployment manual so DI is expected to run on top of those solutions or rather along side of them.
I dont think DI would be good to run with ESET. It is it's own AV.

Reactions: cartaphilus

cartaphilus

Level 5
Mar 17, 2023
@Shadowra
So, wanna wait 5 minutes or you prefer to open everything with full speed?
Tell that to Karen in HR who will complain to the boss that the report.doc.exe is taking too long to download due to the new security solution. Or tell it to the CEO that his LolitaBoysConnect.exe file is being sandboxed because it's suspicious and not to worry since 5 min wait for prevention is worth months wasted in remediation.

Reactions: Trident

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Tell that to Karen in HR who will complain to the boss that the report.doc.exe is taking too long to download due to the new security solution. Or tell it to the CEO that his LolitaBoysConnect.exe file is being sandboxed because it's suspicious and not to worry since 5 min wait for prevention is worth months wasted in remediation.
I am using it at work already and nobody is complaining. And it doesn’t even take 5 minutes, it is barely even 2. Karen from HR will be unable to download report.doc.exe, because exe downloads are completely blocked. The CEO doesn’t understand remediation but understands loss of business as well as GBP 20 million/4% of last year’s profit (whichever is greater). Or prosecution.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
It's all fun and good but in reality is Harmony and Deep Instinct AI as powerful as the Webroot Cloud AI?! I mean even the most powerful AI is yet to understand how Webroot runs!
No, I’m afraid the Webroot power can’t be matched. For best security, best to install Webroot and forget about all malware, APTs, Phishing and other worries today. Webroot — secure your deepest root (TM). For even better protection, it can also be combined with cruelsister Comodo. This setup is suitable to protect even organisations of JP Morgan and Apple scale.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.