Low RAM usage
    Small updates
    Very good protection
CONS
Medium detection
No web filter
HIPS not for novice users
BOTTOM LINE
Comodo Antivirus is a good product that can protect you from most threats and if they improve some features like detection and web filter it will be a very good free product.

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Behold Eck you are right about the HIPS i just to need to find some time to dig a little deeper and find out how to configure it right;).

You are absolutely correct Comodo does provide high level of protection for free:eek::D.

I am using for the first time(it's one of a few programs that haven't tried until now) and i am very satisfied :). My opinion is that Comodo Antivirus needs to polish it's components and then it will be a really good product even for beginners ;):).

Thanks for your answer

Kind regards Tony

Dont worry about the HIPS Tony as the BB/autosandbox is very efficent.

Likewise dont worry about the AV detection rates while not brilliant they are not that bad either.Anyway your well covered with the BB which is probably why Comodo are not that concerned about detection rates.

Some great advice here with regards to configuration (but dont let Cruel Sister put you off the HIPS module:D) so enjoy your first go with Comodo.

Regards Eck:)

tonibalas

Level 40
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Behold Eck you are right about the BB.I open some malware from the packs here in this forum by accident:confused::cool: and before i could realize what i have done the BB kicked in and sandboxed the threats:eek::D so no harm was done;).This feature works really great :).
As for detection i just want to improve a bit;).
Thanks for your informative answer.
Kind regards Tony

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Was going to mention the BB would probably kick in if there was a wee mistake with the HIPS(usually they will give a couple of alerts anyway).

I would`nt worry to much about the detection rates as you now know the BB is very good.Why not treat the AV as a red flag to bring in HMP or MBAM just to be sure ?

Glad to hear all is good Tony.

Regards Eck:)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.