App Review Comodo Internet Security Pro 7 Test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
Thats the bad thing with comodos bad detection rate these days. if u not change the settings comodo get bypassed easy. with max settings the system should be virus free.

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
Why no one test comodo with hard tweak settings?
its almost useless. u just get so much popups for running every malware. if u have max settings, it would be a 100% clean system. but for normal users u get way! to much popups to understand what u need to do and they would just allow it.

Reactions: viktik

Viper007

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
May 27, 2014
Why did you turn on Hıps then ? in Default settings, HIPS is off.
that aint really a major tweak most basic users will turn on hips all the people i know who are basic users did they just dont tweak other things, and as i guessed behaviour blocker does everything even when hips is turned on i believe so it didnt add much to the test, i wanted to keep it as fair and near possible

Last edited by a moderator:

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
With the sandbox in Full V the HIPS module adds nothing but annoyance.

Reactions: NSG001

Viper007

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
May 27, 2014
@Viper007 if basic users know HIPS. I don't call them basic. They are medium IMO.
If they know HIPS, why this basic user did not set sandbox (fully virtualized) :)
many basic users can turn on the hips :D, also i wanted to see if the hips can bring anything in while with auto sandbox, but it doesnt as i said the auto sandbox does everything while hips just sits there doing nothing, and i already new that, and i kinda what to see if that still was the case and it was.

Reactions: yigido

Viper007

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
May 27, 2014
Why no one test comodo with hard tweak settings?
i will come around to that, but as you can see in this test it still blocked everything when the malware was trying to run, malwarebytes detected PUPs, and Hitman pro some temp files no big deal run ccleaner, hitman pro just detected the malware files in the malware pack also but comodo blocked them from doing anything to the computer when ran, so over all comodo did a good job with these settings, with auto sandbox on hips does nothing what so ever anyway it was technically still turned off imo as auto sandbox does the job first.

Reactions: cruelsister

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
OT: I don't think anyone uses Comodo anymore, the amount of hype generated by their fanboys killed it's existance.

Reactions: Tony Cole

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I personally believe Comodo has had it's days, Melih cannot keep up with the likes of avast!, eset, Kaspersky etc., firstly Comodo does not have the money to do so, there signature updates are pathetic to say the least. As Huracan said the fanboys are all Comodo has, and they have destroyed it.

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
i will come around to that, but as you can see in this test it still blocked everything when the malware was trying to run, malwarebytes detected PUPs, and Hitman pro some temp files no big deal run ccleaner, hitman pro just detected the malware files in the malware pack also but comodo blocked them from doing anything to the computer when ran, so over all comodo did a good job with these settings, with auto sandbox on hips does nothing what so ever anyway it was technically still turned off imo as auto sandbox does the job first.
On hitman you can see the PID

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.