Crystal Security 3.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Trying to reproduce issue and record it, I found this:

Crystal security allow unsafe files to run before block this. (00:00 - 1:49) I think this is caused by VT API and make program useless.

Crystal Security doesn't block files when another popup is on screen.(2:00: - 3:30)

(I will remove the video in a few days)

Davidov

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 9, 2012
After the scan system is an error log and falls crystal security settings and reboot crystal security.It prevents me from use but otherwise super.-))

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
@RmG152 Thanks for the video and feedback. ;)
Crystal security allow unsafe files to run before block this.

It is currently by design and not a bug. If you want to allow only trusted files then you can enable feature called Stealth mode. If it is enabled then all unknown files will be blocked by default and only good files will be allowed. ;)
Crystal Security doesn't block files when another popup is on screen.

Got your point. It is by design too.. Maybe I should change default pop-up time for unsafe files (e.g. 5 or 10 seconds).

@Davidov
After the scan system is an error log and falls crystal security settings and reboot crystal security.It prevents me from use but otherwise super.-))

You mean error after Checkup? If possible please send your error logs then I can look into it. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Reactions: Logethica

marzametal

Level 7
Verified
Jun 10, 2014
Hi bud, just tried to run latest beta via USB and received this result on loading...
Code:
A strongly-named assembly is required. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131044)  at Crystal_Security.Main.g()
  at Crystal_Security.Main.a(Object a, EventArgs A)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

The program loading stops after that.

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
will the realtime on this interfere with malwarebytes pro

Hi @Billcomputerman123

Thank you for the interest. :)

Hmm, never tried Crystal Security and MalwareBytes Pro (real-time) combo but there should be no issues but it is recommended to add Crystal Security to exclusion list to avoid possible errors.

Regards,
Kardo

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
D

Deleted member 21043

POST REMOVED

If you saw this original post and are wondering why I removed it, I removed it because after I re-read the message I noticed a mistake with the information I provided, hence I removed it to avoid confusion:

Crystal Security does make use of drivers. Not developed by Kardo directly, however it will make use of them for the real-time protection.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kardo Kristal

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Hello goes to run without the help of UAC is a little trick .-)) In cristal uncheck automatically start at boothttp://www.7tutorials.com/use-task-scheduler-launch-programs-without-uac-prompts

Thank you for the trick! @Davidov Should be useful for many users. :)
Crystal Security does not use drivers, therefore the chances of a conflict are lower however if you have both the Crystal Security Real-Time protection enabled and the Malwarebytes Real-Time protection enabled it's possible you may experience slowdown issues, since both may scan files.

Good answer by @kram7750 , Thanks Mark! :)
Great product Kardo! Just a question, since you're focusing more on the beta version, what's happening with the stable version? Thanks!

@Paul Lee Thank you for the interest and support. :)

So far no critical errors about current stable version. It means that my plan is to fix all reported bugs (at least critical bugs) and when it is stable enough then current stable version will be replaced with 3.5 stable version.

Regards,
Kardo

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
mmm

Download -> Run
Deleted by Crystal Security.
Download Again -> Run
Run without problem

Persist on my computer.

3.5.0.112 Beta Portable (run from desktop w8 final version to install)
c: OS
E: download folder

Davidov

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 9, 2012
[Quote = "Kardo Kristal, pošta: 355986, Nápověda člen: 24959"] Děkuji za hattrick! [USER = 2385] Davidov [/ USER] od Mely Být užitečné pro mnoho uživatelů.:)

Dobrá odpoved by [user = 21043] @ kram7750 [/ user], diky Mark! :)

[USER = 29000] Paul Lee [/ USER] Děkuji VÁM za Zájem podporu. :)

Zatím zadne závažné Chyby o Aktuální stabilní verze. Chcete-li znamená, ZE můj plán JE opravit VŠECHNY nahlášené Chyby (alespoň kritické Bugy), A je-li dostatečně stabilní, Pak Aktuální stabilní verze Bude nahrazen 3,5 stabilní verze.

S pozdravem,
Kardo [/ quote]

Glad to help you much success. .-))

Last edited:

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
mmm

Download -> Run
Deleted by Crystal Security.
Download Again -> Run
Run without problem

Persist on my computer.

3.5.0.112 Beta Portable (run from desktop w8 final version to install)
c: OS
E: download folder

Thank you for the information. @RmG152 ;)

Indeed... I just re-produced it and I know the source of the issue too.

There is one bug in process detection - already started and detected process/program is not detected next time. This bug or behavior will be fixed in the next version.

Regards,
Kardo

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.