Crystal Security 3.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
suggestion:
Change this option "Trust applications with digital signature" adding a signature whitelist.

I'm testing Crystal Security vs "dangerous" PUP EpicScale (bitcoin mining can overheat computer and cause hardware failure...), and Crystal Security allow it to run by default config because it's signed. With a "vendor list" you can solve this allowing trusted vendors by you (Microsoft, Opera, Eset. etc.) and adding option to user to add their trusted vendors.

it's just an idea.

Epicscale:
Download:
http://www.epicscale.com/

VT:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...070cec9a03d91b1d8af31c63/analysis/1425688456/

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
suggestion:
Change this option "Trust applications with digital signature" adding a signature whitelist.

I'm testing Crystal Security vs "dangerous" PUP EpicScale (bitcoin mining can overheat computer and cause hardware failure...), and Crystal Security allow it to run by default config because it's signed. With a "vendor list" you can solve this allowing trusted vendors by you (Microsoft, Opera, Eset. etc.) and adding option to user to add their trusted vendors.

it's just an idea.

Epicscale:
Download:
http://www.epicscale.com/

VT:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...070cec9a03d91b1d8af31c63/analysis/1425688456/
The problem is that any virus can say it's made by microsoft.

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
suggestion:

@RmG152 Thank you for your suggestion. I like it and probably separate whitelist for Digital signature verification will be added soon. :)

The problem is that any virus can say it's made by microsoft.

@Dani Santos Maybe you mean Copyright text in application properties?
Still, suggestion by @RmG152 is good and I see that @kram7750 (Mark) agrees with me. ;)

Regards,
Kardo

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Hi @Kardo Kristal Testing your product on Malware Hub, I found another issue.

Windows 10 x32.
Crystal Security 3.5.0.112 default settings + Disable Trusted applications with digital signature.
Sample Morto. http://malwaretips.com/threads/morto-2015-02-07.43195/#post-358147

No issue:
1. Get the sample.
2. Change it to ".exe" and copy to another folder.
3. Crystal security detect it, show popup and delete it.

Issue:
0. Set Crystal Security on "Silent Mode".
1. Get the sample.
2. Change it to ".exe" and copy to another folder.
3. Crystal security detect it on overview and some times on blacklist, but the sample is not deleted, persist on folder.

h00lks

Level 1
Verified
Jan 26, 2015
How can we be sure that Our files are anonymously sent for scan in VT and that they dont collect some info about them i am asking you coz i use the program for 2 weeks
and keep the good work man i like it !

Reactions: Kardo Kristal

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Hi @Kardo Kristal Testing your product on Malware Hub, I found another issue.

@RmG152 Thank you for the information. I'll try to re-produce it. ;)

How can we be sure that Our files are anonymously sent for scan in VT and that they dont collect some info about them

Hi @h00lks ,

Thanks for the interest.

Only executable files will be uploaded to the VT server, all documents (PDF, TXT, Word,...) will be skipped.
I also added additional setting so it is possible to disable uploads for unknown files. If this setting is disabled then you can still upload files individually via notification/uploads section. :)

Regards,
Kardo

D

Deleted member 21043

How can we be sure that Our files are anonymously sent for scan in VT and that they dont collect some info about them i am asking you coz i use the program for 2 weeks
and keep the good work man i like it !
I don't think I've ever heard Kardo say files were "anonymously" uploaded. Maybe I am wrong, though?

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Reactions: Logethica and LAGUN

marzametal

Level 7
Verified
Jun 10, 2014
Couple of questions...
1) What .NET framework is your application based on? (if any)
2) I recently read that you upgraded your code to VC++ 2013... does this mean we require the 2013 redistributable package?

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Couple of questions...
1) What .NET framework is your application based on? (if any)
2) I recently read that you upgraded your code to VC++ 2013... does this mean we require the 2013 redistributable package?

Hi @Marin Eres , Thanks for the interest. :)

1) It is based on 3.5 .NET framework
2) Hmm... something new for me. :D, but the answer is no.

Regards,
Kardo

h00lks

Level 1
Verified
Jan 26, 2015
Hi @Marin Eres , Thanks for the interest. :)

1) It is based on 3.5 .NET framework
2) Hmm... something new for me. :D, but the answer is no.

Regards,
Kardo
can i ask you something what will be hapen when the usher don't have installed framework will your setup download it for the usher or he need's to go and download it form microsoft ?

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
can i ask you something what will be hapen when the usher don't have installed framework will your setup download it for the usher or he need's to go and download it form microsoft ?

Hi @h00lks ,

User must download it manually then. Maybe optional installation for .NET Framework will be added in the future. ;)

Regards,
Kardo

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Hello,

Crystal Security 3.5.0.113 BETA released

Changelog
  • Improved File detection system
  • Improved notification (details, suggestions, on-top of other windows)
  • Improved settings
  • Fixed bug in Processes detection system
  • Fixed bug in "Enable protection" setting
  • Fixed bug in suggestions (notification)
Special Thanks to @LAGUN and @RmG152 :)

Two different types of downloads

Download installer version of Crystal Security 3.5.0.113
Download portable version of Crystal Security 3.5.0.113

Looking forward to your feedback. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Hope to make it soon :) ;) I hope there's no conflict with Baidu,but i hope not :D

@Malware Test This combination should work without problems but I never tested out it personally.. :)

If there is any conflict between two apps then please feel free to let me know. To avoid issues you should add Crystal Security directory to the exclusion list (Baidu).

Regards,
Kardo

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.