Crystal Security 3.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepierrezou

Level 8
Verified
Sep 25, 2013
Why are you deleted the option for use personal virustotal API key ?
With the stable version when i go to a folder containing malwares i have an alert but with this beta i don't have alert.
I have an alert only at execution.
The feature for view the detection on virustotal is good too on the stable. Please add this to the beta.
If you can add a click right >> scan with crystal , it would be verry good :)
A custom scan in the UI too :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kardo Kristal

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
@thepierrezou
Thank you for the feedback and suggestions. :)
Why are you deleted the option for use personal virustotal API key ?

The program API key has higher limits (10 requests per minute vs 4 requests per minute). Good question. :)
With the stable version when i go to a folder containing malwares i have an alert
but with this beta i don't have alert.
I have an alert only at execution.

Interesting... Are you sure? Because file detection method is same in the beta. Maybe you moved folder or files.. ..because only changed, modified, created, copied or launched files/apps will be detected and analyzed automatically if protection is enabled.
The feature for view the detection on virustotal is good too on the stable. Please add this to the beta.
Okay, VirusTotal report link and internal database results will be displayed on Notification window. ;)
If you can add a click right >> scan with crystal , it would be verry good :)
Yes, Context-menu scan will be added very soon. :)

Regards,
Kardo

thepierrezou

Level 8
Verified
Sep 25, 2013
Thanks for this anwser :)
I don't know if it's comodo or avira who have conflict with crystal but the realtime protection is verry buggy :( (with this beta)
I have Comodo firewall with avira on win 8.1 updated 64 bits

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
@Malware1
You should restore that option, my key allows 40 requests per minute...
Hmm.. Okay.. I'll think about it and let you know. :)

@thepierrezou
Thanks for this anwser :)
I don't know if it's comodo or avira who have conflict with crystal but the realtime protection is verry buggy :( (with this beta)
I have Comodo firewall with avira on win 8.1 updated 64 bits
Welcome! :) Maybe you can temporarily turn off Comodo and Avira and then start Crystal Security? :p

Regards,
Kardo

Reactions: Logethica

thepierrezou

Level 8
Verified
Sep 25, 2013
Please when a malware is catch suspend the malicious process.
And add an option for alert at foreground.
EDIT:if you can add an option for remove the detection of .zip it would be good :)
Thanks

Last edited:

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
@thepierrezou
Thank you for the interest. :)
Please when a malware is catch suspend the malicious process.

Actually Crystal Security already should stop malicious process after detection... Sometimes it fails.. but I'll do my best to improve active malware/process termination.
And add an option for alert at foreground.

You can already set to show notification about Safe, Unsafe, Suspicious or Unknown files.
Take a look (uploaded screenshot of Unsafe foreground notification):

foreground-png.24579

EDIT:if you can add an option for remove the detection of .zip it would be good :)
Thanks

Is it correct that you want to skip .zip file monitoring/detection by default? I am not sure about it..
User is able to manually configure what file types to scan and also what areas to scan.

@NullPointerException
Looks cool. :D

Thanks. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Attachments

• Foreground.png
    Foreground.png
    45.9 KB · Views: 697

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
Actually Crystal Security already should stop malicious process after detection... Sometimes it fails.. but I'll do my best to improve active malware/process termination.
I think he meant Crystal Security doesn't suspend the process while it displays the alert, it's still running. The process is killed when you block it.
Is it correct that you want to skip .zip file monitoring/detection by default? I am not sure about it..
User is able to manually configure what file types to scan and also what areas to scan.
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/crystal-security-discussion.317258/page-43#post-2396920

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
@Malware1
I think he meant Crystal Security doesn't suspend the process while it displays the alert, it's still running. The process is killed when you block it.
Okay, thanks for the clarification. :)
Thanks bro! :) Now I understand (sensitive information). What do you suggest?
Should I remove archive files detection? :p

@thepierrezou
Ok thanks for you work and keep hard working on it :D
I will do my best. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
Okay, default file types list will be extended. ;)
Did you add these extensions as I requested in the past?

Can you add these extensions to the default list?

.pif
.scr
.com
.cmd
.cpl
.7z

(except 7z at the moment)

You should also add .dll, .sys

When I click 'Add' on uploads, overview, whitelist, blacklist tabs the window title is Open XML file.

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014

Attachments

• File-types.png
    File-types.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 599

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
@Malware1

Yes. :) Default file types list:

file-types-png.24588

Bug confirmed and will be fixed. Thanks. ;)

Regards,
Kardo
Unfortunately the realtime protection is very buggy, I sometimes need to restart the application because it stops scanning new files.

I suspect it could be related to the limits of the API key, does the program wait a minute when it reaches 10 requests?

Reactions: thepierrezou

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
@Malware1 Quick reply: I'll ask some additional information from you about this issue tomorrow because here is night and I should get some sleep. :) Thanks for the info, I'll perform some tests tomorrow on several computers. I'll also answer to your question tomorrow.

For now, good night ;)

Regards,
Kardo

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.