Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
cd8d2804a9b2d19ac6ddaefcadbe7bc3.png

;)
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Reactions: Manzai
I

illumination

Just got a system for testing, Linux Distro's, it is going to have some Modifications done, but for the time, it has a Intel Core 2 rated at 1.60GHz per core with 2 gig of Ram. For now, it is running a fork of Arch with XFCE desktop..

E2JSWeC.png

I

illumination

cFQBZ2V.jpg

My 1 hour old Linux Mint installation. Nice, clean and simple. I'm still unsure whether or not to use a dock.

They look neat, nut not necessary.. I found after placing one on my system, after the first day of playing with it, i barely used it.. So i removed.. What distro is this ^^^ I recognize the Cinnamon desktop, but not the menu icon. I realize that is the Arch symbol, but is it Arch, or a Fork?

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
They look neat, nut not necessary.. I found after placing one on my system, after the first day of playing with it, i barely used it.. So i removed.. What distro is this ^^^ I recognize the Cinnamon desktop, but not the menu icon. I realize that is the Arch symbol, but is it Arch, or a Fork?

Yeah, I'm the same with Docks. They can be a bit of a novelty. The Distro is just Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon addition. I changed the Mint icon for the Arch icon. I have got Arch with Cinnamon on a partition, but for my daily driver OS I prefer Ubuntu or Mint.

I

illumination

Yeah, I'm the same with Docks. They can be a bit of a novelty. The Distro is just Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon addition. I changed the Mint icon for the Arch icon. I have got Arch with Cinnamon of a partition, but for my daily driver OS I prefer Ubuntu or Mint.
Nice.. Good choice, Mint and Ubuntu are smooth and great for daily task's. Im building an Arch system now, but for main systems Ubunutu pretty much rules the nest, as it has among the largest repository and community.

Reactions: ZeroDay

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Nice.. Good choice, Mint and Ubuntu are smooth and great for daily task's. Im building an Arch system now, but for main systems Ubunutu pretty much rules the nest, as it has among the largest repository and community.

Yeah Ubuntu based distros are solid, perfect for everyday use, they can still run all the software you care to install too. I like Arch, but for me Arch is like the old car you take out on the weekend, but use something more reliable during the week. Bleeding edge is great but stability is first for me.

Reactions: illumination

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.