SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
qVX3Inn.jpg

P:S: I'M A GUY!

S

SkyJP

@SkyJP: Could you please name the distro, I am not familiar with this interface:)
It is elementary OS (based on Ubuntu and ease of use) with Numix circle icons, conky widgets, a gnome tweak/customisation tool and a dconf editor for other small customisations.
Can you share your wallpaper please? Thanks!
It is one of the default OS wallpapers though I plan on changing it:
Wild Night.jpg

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
@Frozen Really cool wallpaper. Don't see too many people using Rainmeter. Too bad it isn't on Linux but I guess Conky is fine for the most part. Conky can be a bit of a hassle to work with. Maybe it was just Manjaro (kind of buggy OS in my opinion - for instance I have to click log out 2 times for it to work).

screenshot_60.png

Recently found a new skin for Rainmeter. The GPU monitoring relies on HWinfo. Only 16MB so all good. Censored location and IP address.

Skin: SimplePerfMeters 2.1.0

Reactions: Frozen and Petrovic

Frozen

Level 1
Verified
Oct 14, 2015
@Frozen Really cool wallpaper. Don't see too many people using Rainmeter. Too bad it isn't on Linux but I guess Conky is fine for the most part. Conky can be a bit of a hassle to work with. Maybe it was just Manjaro (kind of buggy OS in my opinion - for instance I have to click log out 2 times for it to work).

screenshot_60.png

Recently found a new skin for Rainmeter. The GPU monitoring relies on HWinfo. Only 16MB so all good. Censored location and IP address.

Skin: SimplePerfMeters 2.1.0

Like your skin, just too high tech for me lol :), i mix a few skins like the clock [JRain Clock] at the top and the sticky note (looking for a new one), might steal that clock you using bottom right :p

Reactions: OokamiCreed

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Verified
May 25, 2014
@user102 : You have alot of games on that machine it seems :)

I hope to get a gaming PC next year, or a Mac Pro with Windows/OSX Dual-Boot, not sure yet.

But when iget an iPhone,iPad Pro and maybe an Apple Watch a Mac Pro makes sense.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
@u
ser102
: You have alot of games on that machine it seems :)

I hope to get a gaming PC next year, or a Mac Pro with Windows/OSX Dual-Boot, not sure yet.

But when iget an iPhone,iPad Pro and maybe an Apple Watch a Mac Pro makes sense.

From left to right. Motherboard > RAM > CPU > GPU

The CPU base clock is 4GHz boost to 4.4GHz, the reason is running low when i take a picture is i set the power option to balance.

Er4q0Nc.jpg

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
@user102 : Thats good hardware you have there :)

How about this one? 8Pack Supernova - Intel Core i7 5960X @ 4.6GHz DDR4 Extreme Overclocked PC

^^Will it run Minecraft? :p

CPU: Beastly CPU can handling anything, but is not the best because i believe top notch Xeon has 20 cores and 40 threads, but i could be wrong. However, the 5960X can runs anything you throw at it.

HDD: 5900RPM is okay, but i prefer 7200RPM as a standard speed, but 12TB total is definitely future proof.

GPU: Can runs any games not just Minecraft at 4K resolution max settings.

The rest: Good.

Reactions: Secondmineboy

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Verified
May 25, 2014
^^All hardware on that monster is overclocked :) GPU,CPU,Memory bandwidth, even the Mainboard has a watercooling Block :D

The two HDDs are just for data storage. The entire thing can be customized (Cable color, custom designed case, etc.)

There will be an updated one coming soon i guess, a magazine said it would be fastest PC theyve ever seen.

Yes, i may do some video editing, rendering on that thing, i think you can set Premiere Pro to use certain amounts of CPU and GPU so that can get handy :)

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
^^All hardware on that monster is overclocked :) GPU,CPU,Memory bandwidth, even the Mainboard has a watercooling Block :D

The two HDDs are just for data storage. The entire thing can be customized (Cable color, custom designed case, etc.)

There will be an updated one coming soon i guess, a magazine said it would be fastest PC theyve ever seen.

Yes, i may do some video editing, rendering on that thing, i think you can set Premiere Pro to use certain amounts of CPU and GPU so that can get handy :)

But $11k is definitely waste of money. I can build you a machine that can play any games at 1080P for a cheap price. Just to let you know, my current rig only cost $2k.

Reactions: Secondmineboy

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.