Not open for further replies.

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
I do not like your answers friend...
You stab dagger into the heart of old man - old man remembers the old times. :(

Although i'm giving the likes reluctantly - iI'll give it them because you have the truth...
And let me take the devil in the day when i prefer my hypocrisy from the truth. :)

Sorry for the translation of (mostly) Uncle Google. Czech language loves "deployed sentences" that my brain does not fold...and Google does not help much...

I didn't mean to be rude about it, sorry if you thought that. It's just me mad at them about how they destroyed such a good browser ; )

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The best part is Chrome users are going to receive a similar Bookmarks Manager as soon as it's out of Chrome Beta. :D

xxtoss23

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
no I prefer the old one I wish opera stop useing Google Chrome engine

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I'm a user of Opera however the old one is better at all because the new start page may confuse for some users when many speed dials added.

Qex3PZl.jpg

As its already title page only, unlike the old one its thumbnail is the webpage itself.

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
no I prefer the old one I wish opera stop useing Google Chrome engine
For real? Opera doesn't use Chrome engine. Both browsers use the Blink engine, but developed separately. If you look at the advantages over Presto engine, you would see why they switched. Old Opera 12.x is still supported according to Wikipedia.

Janl92l

Level 7
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
Hmm, so much hate on a excellent and one of the fastest browser out there. Only because some guys dont like the new Opera, dont mean its a bad browser. Opera is actualy a realy fast and highly costumizable browser. to say they destroy opera is just wrong. maybe Opera goes another way as u like, but that dont mean its a bad Browser.

jerzy601

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
I like myself can set it as you want.
Moreover, I use it from time to time.
how somebody does not like it can switch a page on the old home.
is it was some step in the right page to improve its appearance, and in the future to its functionality.

Reactions: Ink and Ali80

Ali80

Level 5
Verified
Nov 13, 2014
Opera is ok. I like new start page. But...Opera use too much system resources, even when it's idle...all of that because of Speed Dial. It's nice feature, but when i start Opera it automatically preload all of the content in Speed Dial into memory. New tab: "O man another Speed Dial". I miss Home Button. With every new update they improve little bit, that's truth. I like new bookmarks, as for Speed Dial it's not implemented well

Reactions: Ink

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Hey guys, remember the thread? ;P
Good point, all it took was one comment which was completely unrelated to set of a string of 'New Opera sucks', when the thread is clearly titled in regards to the start page design.

Reactions: PlayerFromTheITtic

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
They didn't destroy it. They had no choice, they wanted to get more users. If only there wasn't Firefox and Chrome
They didn't get more users, neither created something better than what they had. If they failed in both ways, what was the point of the new opera?. In the past Opera browser had a great active community running all over their forums. Today, thats completely gone, there are just a few truly threads in there and are complains about issues and bugs, the rest is spamm being deleted every couple of days.
If you tell me they had no choice but to kill their community base, then whatever.

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

Reactions: Šovelén

Šovelén

Level 3
Verified
Mar 29, 2014
They didn't get more users, neither created something better than what they had. If they failed in both ways, what was the point of the new opera?. In the past Opera browser had a great active community running all over their forums. Today, thats completely gone, there are just a few truly threads in there and are complains about issues and bugs, the rest is spamm being deleted every couple of days.
If you tell me they had no choice but to kill their community base, then whatever.

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

At the Opera, i always liked her "marginal market share"
Hackers are simply not worth it :)

However, with the new kernel does not have this advantage ...

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Not used opera myself for many years and im almost tempted to go down memory lane..
As for this thread....

If you like the new start page then keep it..
if you dont then you can change it..That simple really.

This applies to all browsers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.