Advice Request Emsisoft use a lot of memory?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Kiss

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 6, 2021
Eset really did a great.
If your ram memory is big enough. This does not affect the performance of the device.
But this only helps Emsisoft access data faster.
Eset uses a lot of RAM, but they manage to mask this so it doesn't show in the task manager, another thing is that when the program uses little RAM the heavy work goes to the CPU, so I prefer to use programs that use a lot of RAM

zkSnark

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 13, 2019
Eset uses a lot of RAM, but they manage to mask this so it doesn't show in the task manager, another thing is that when the program uses little RAM the heavy work goes to the CPU, so I prefer to use programs that use a lot of RAM
Heavy use of RAM vs heavy use of CPU....... Which is better and why?

Reactions: chetuyet.hp

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
What kind of issues?
Here’s a reply I got from Emsisoft.

You should not enable memory optimization:
If you have more than 2GB of RAM in your machine, that setting can cause problems. It turns on the built-in signature cache-to-disk mechanism that will increase disk I/O (disk reads) considerably. That could slow the machine down or increase CPU usage and is not necessary. It saves you a little RAM use by Emsisoft Protection Service, but really isn't worth it unless you're using a tiny Netbook type computer with an SSD drive that only has 2 GB of RAM or less.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Please enter the 6-digit security code that we just sent to your email address. This is to protect your user account from unauthorized access. - NOT RECEIVED THIS 6 NOMBER !
Logs - 1 Malware Objects detected so far - CANT RESET OR DELET THIS IN MAIN WINDOW ?
Are you trying to log in to your Emsisoft account? Have you enabled 2FA using Authenticator app?

This topic is about Emsisoft memory usage, so it is a good idea to open a new thread or even better contact Emisoft support.

quokka

Dec 17, 2022
A lot of memory? I had to email their support as it consumed just over 2.8GB of ram.
Hopefully, it may be just a one off bug they can fix.

emisoft.jpg

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
A lot of memory? I had to email their support as it consumed just over 2.8GB of ram.
Hopefully, it may be just a one off bug they can fix.

View attachment 274100
Maybe you were looking at a streaming site ?
Then i see similar behaviour with BD when streaming sports in browser the Ram goes around 2,000 MB but when closing these tabs with streaming video the Ram goes down again to a normal level.

BD Normal RAM.jpg

M4RT1NE2

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
Due to the fact that I now have some free time, and to improve the mood of some MT users after my earlier post - I have decided to give Emsisoft Anti-Malware Home another chance and try it out longer.
My choice of current software under annual licence is quite large (F-Secure, Norton 360 Deluxe, AVG IS, BDTS, Arcabit IS).
I can afford to install Emsisoft AM for a longer period of time.

Sorry maybe off topic :)

Default settings

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Due to the fact that I now have some free time, and to improve the mood of some MT users after my earlier post - I have decided to give Emsisoft Anti-Malware Home another chance and try it out longer.
My choice of current software under annual licence is quite large (F-Secure, Norton 360 Deluxe, AVG IS, BDTS, Arcabit IS).
I can afford to install Emsisoft AM for a longer period of time.

Sorry maybe off topic :)

Default settings
No, not off-topic at all and I personal can fully understand anyone that dump/ditch/un-install any software if it crash. But try stay with it a few days if possible, is always more fair as the reason could many times and probably even be interesting and helpful for their support.

I'm not one of their user/customer, but I'm still a little curious. When it " crashed ", did you get any error message or it just, froze or automatic closed down itself? :unsure:

M4RT1NE2

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
No, not off-topic at all and I personal can fully understand anyone that dump/ditch/un-install any software if it crash. But try stay with it a few days if possible, is always more fair as the reason could many times and probably even be interesting and helpful for their support.

I'm not one of their user/customer, but I'm still a little curious. When it " crashed ", did you get any error message or it just, froze or automatic closed down itself? :unsure:
There was no error message. Simply a suspension of the programme.
My fault because I could have been on it longer at the time :(.
Now after reinstallation everything is OK as with any other AV. :)
Laptop booted several times and is OK.

M4RT1NE2

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
On the other hand, it's just a shame that Emsisoft only has the Bitdefender SDK. Bitdefender can detect more malware in scan than Emsisoft, even if Emsisoft's Cloud + BB are excellent.

I can always go back to BDTS :). But I'm giving Emsisoft a chance for now. Really my choice is quite large in choosing a security package.

So far it is ok with Emsisoft.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.