App Review ESET Internet Security 2017 BETA (default settings) Prevention and Detection Test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
windw

windows defender is ver poor and free antivius please.
Generally, it has lower detection rates than other known products and as you can see TheMalwareMaster does not suggest using it alone, but along with VoodooShield. Windows Defender is one of the most compatible with other security utilities product, and light on resources from many aspects. That's the main reason.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Generally, it has lower detection rates than other known products and as you can see TheMalwareMaster does not suggest using it alone, but along with VoodooShield. Windows Defender is one of the most compatible with other security utilities product, and light on resources from many aspects. That's the main reason.
I totally agree that WD is the most compatible AV but I really doubt about its lightness
I always feel and confirm using task manager that WD is not lighter than other popular AVs. WD consumed so much CPU and disk while I didn't do anything, just sat and observed for a few minutes
I have tried KIS, avast and WD, avira recently. WD is the heaviest; avira is also the heaviest only when it causes memory leak. Avast with some of performance tweaks is the lightest

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.