Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxxx58

Level 13
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
Actually, you just have to set Internet expolrer as your default broswer first
To set Internet Explorer as the default browser:
  1. Click the Tools button in the top-right corner of the browser, then select Internet Options.
  2. The Internet Options dialog box will appear. Select the Programs tab. ...
  3. Locate and select Make Internet Explorer the default browser, then click OK.
After than click on ESET Banking & Payment protection and it will ask for broswer at some point Now just select your favorite browser. ;):)
BTW, Can you show your ESS 9 usage in Task Manager. Thanks for your help!

Anurag Kuradia

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
May 17, 2014
Here it is a little bit heavy
Untitled.png

Reactions: Malakke and Maxxx58

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
All working perfectly here - Windows updates all installed. Very impressed, again of the quality of Eset's products. Other software i.e., Comodo should take heed and have an extensive beta period.

Banking protection working on Firefox 41.0.1

Reactions: Maxxx58

Stas

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Feb 21, 2015
I've just reinstall v9 then did new activation and Banking & Payment protection still not working, i set Internet explorer as my default browser but every time after clicking on Banking & Payment protection i see in task manager it trying to open Firefox but cant open and freezing process using 25% cpu & 836k ram.

Reactions: Maxxx58

Maxxx58

Level 13
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
All working perfectly here - Windows updates all installed. Very impressed, again of the quality of Eset's products. Other software i.e., Comodo should take heed and have an extensive beta period.

Banking protection working on Firefox 41.0.1
You update Windows before install ESET or after install ESET?

Anurag Kuradia

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
May 17, 2014
I've just reinstall v9 then did new activation and Banking & Payment protection still not working, i set Internet explorer as my default browser but every time after clicking on Banking & Payment protection i see in task manager it trying to open Firefox but cant open and freezing process using 25% cpu & 836k ram.
try installing firefox

Khairul

Level 2
Verified
Feb 3, 2015
I didnt facing any problem as you guys for ESET Bankin soft. Maybe any other security soft might not compatible with eset? Im using default setting on ESET and didnt change a thing. as i just installed it 5 minutes ago.

xDhwoJ2oEVO9lwvYyJnwzex0h4G68PCd1poB_QxWcPyVjloJsu5LLHJQ9jLrez_GOm7iBYdurYRZRh-oH70GF59rzVeHc01J4wCpG37h-j7uaI3s1juBTuvRCIeKtyseSuy_4GHxSY6qYvt93X2zUV6qeGAOj93SBoZ0MrR4HKlThqWcSYrByrTGaENx_J0R05C9dvm1GmxICPHn9rswP7kwTQQ4Na606384QIaU8tJhvVj7kzQpArr9-OOxIRyZeXkMTaTA1MxhWasF20JEGY4Hs6c4Kru0De7q_V4K19-JqZFIvI1LWZXVL2uB-Q2Fds84gUJkjYHFT4PYS_dzMD-ad55cjjU_jfK3J_I-ckhgv3zJ-BAeLTq0wKaSOFDhCNVdM94E3U3lqXR4HMWS78bdyl8kPc_WdrDR8dKcdfADbkOtgsN-XSmfDojW1jeQkdTiVKHCLb-fX6m1EsDeIHzibtCLEKzjhDNb6EK4tijXqp9ixep8vvaDkG4DuDBwT1dBctcDVl0ZZp4Jyqkekal3toMbOlIdVLn3IhQEJss=w1182-h635-no

Reactions: XhenEd
I

illumination

I changed back and forth from internet explorer and firefox setting each time as a default and the Banking and Payment protection worked each time. I did it twice with each browser to make sure before posting here. These isolated cases have to be due to something on the particular system.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I noticed that I cannot disable Secure Banking even permanently on one Windows 10 Pro machine

I

illumination

I noticed that I cannot disable Secure Banking even permanently on one Windows 10 Pro machine
I downloaded it from the links on here before it was available from the website, and the installer was different from the one now being released from the website. I reformatted my machine today as it takes little time to do so with W10, and freshly installed Eset from their website, it was smooth, and everything is functioning as should be. The installer checked for incompatible software before proceeding, which the above links did not have in theirs. Also listed on the website is a warning that if you are using a screen reader, that V9 is not fully compatible with it yet.

After clean reformat, and installation and first full scan run, im now sitting at 138MB ram usage. I do not feel it there, it is as light as it ever was.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Yes I also downloaded it and installed it from the official site and not the links on here

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.