Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
The 19.2 Release Notes: "

Version 19.2​

Released October 2023

New features
  • Viruses & Threats
    • The "Real-time protection off" warning can be dismissed permanently.
    • The USB scan now detects also external hard drives.
  • Secure Browsing
    • The Trusted Shopping feature notifies you of fake and untrustworthy shopping websites; it shows whether a website is a safe shopping site or a scam. The trustworthiness is shown when:
      • you hover the mouse over a search result rating icon.
      • you enter a website that is categorized as "shopping". A small pop-up message indicates the trustworthiness of the site.
      • you click on the Browsing Protection by F-Secure icon on the browser toolbar.
    • Installation status of the browser extension is visible for each supported browser in the Secure Browsing view.
  • Family Rules
    • When installing the product for a child, at the end of the installation flow, the user is asked to install the desired browser extensions.
  • Password Vault
    • When you add a new password entry to Password Vault, the app automatically generates a strong, 16-character-long password for you.
  • Privacy VPN
    • The functionality of the latest locations list has been improved, and it is easier to use.
    • Added an option to disable VPN connection notifications when the app is closed.
  • General improvements
    • The top bar with the user information as well as profile and task icons is now visible on every view.
    • The Subscription view has been updated, allowing you to see all feature statistics at a single glance.
    • User interface framework was updated from .NET 4.7.2 to .NET 6.0.
      • .NET 6.0 is installed automatically during the update if it's missing.
Fixed issues:
  • The issue where Family Rules needed to be changed at least once after installation for the content filtering rules to take effect has now been resolved.
  • The issue with Password Vault occasionally locking itself before reaching the user-set timer has been fixed. "

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Thank you, @upnorth Please remind me, or someone else here, do I wait for the update, even manually right-clicking the system tray icon looking for the update? Or, do I uninstall this version and the new version will download and install? Is there usually a staged rollout period, where I should just wait for a week and see what happens?

Just a little excited, as 19.2 has some nice features and improvements :)

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Well...I got my answer :) I did a manual right-click update, and about 2 minutes later F-Secure opened up (or I opened it up) and it had the request for an update:
2023-10-31_10-24-57.jpg

I did the PC restart, and it was still on 19.1. As I was checking out this thread, I got a popup from Windows saying F-Secure had been updated. Then I checked the app itself, and yep it's been updated..oh, happy day :) (it doesn't take much for me :) )
Screenshot 2023-10-31 102839.png

2023-10-31_10-29-22.jpg

I've just been so used to Bitdefender taking a day to two weeks, depending on your region to update a build, that I was surprised how quickly this happened :)

Last edited:

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Also got the update after manually clicked the search for updates. ( Oneclient 5.3.2423 )

The VPN I personal never been satisfied with since it was implemented, but it's enabled again and so far it seems a bit more fluid then before. I'll use it for a few days and see what happens. 🤞

Tested also the Trusted Shopping feature and it's a bit of a hit and miss at the moment. Hopefully improved more with upcoming updates. I can see the potential for normal home users as it can help them become a little bit more aware.

The 16-character password in the vault is for sure good security.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
The VPN I personal never been satisfied with since it was implemented, but it's enabled again and so far it seems a bit more fluid then before. I'll use it for a few days and see what happens. 🤞
The VPN is very good on F-secure, but on peak times usually evenings or weekends sometimes it hangs a bit but gets fixed after few minutes

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
The VPN is very good on F-secure, but on peak times usually evenings or weekends sometimes it hangs a bit but gets fixed after few minutes
After used it 24/7 a few days and I should say with the server in Sweden, the experience is much much better then previous with severe slowness and constant regular hickups where sites couldn't load normal etc, it's now working as intended and having video meetings is absolutely no problem. (y)

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
A pretty nice surprise have been and is, the Trusted Shopping feature/rating ( only available at the moment in TOTAL. Settings/Secure Browsing ). Specific now with the upcoming Black Friday and more. Stays up for a second or two. Anything less then a " happy " rate, and the popup notification stays until the user close it.

2023-11-17_10-50-30.png

2023-11-17_09-27-03.png

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
A pretty nice surprise have been and is, the Trusted Shopping feature/rating ( only available at the moment in TOTAL. Settings/Secure Browsing ). Specific now with the upcoming Black Friday and more. Stays up for a second or two. Anything less then a " happy " rate, and the popup notification stays until the user close it.

View attachment 279759

View attachment 279760

I noticed someone on the forum asked how to disable it, but I do like it for now. Otherwise, it can easily be disabled through Settings -> Secure Browsing -> Trusted Shopping.

f secure trusted shopping.jpg

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Good option if it pops up too much. Noticed on a few sites so it still needs improvement, but in general it's actually very helpful as one can try to search for any reviews or other shops etc before one buy anything.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Few sites i frequently use for buying stuff was rated as yellow color and the happy face was the second one, i had to check those sites with netcraft risk rating and everything seemed to be okay its quite nice addition

I still have problems with the vpn . I have enabled start up VPN when computer starts but it will show as no internet connection available and f-secure seems to trying to connect but is unable to do so. I have to go to settings and disable VPN, and restart it to get it working again. This happens most of time, sometimes i have luck and it doesnt happen

i could contact support and use the f-secures gather support tool build in f-secure itself but for now i live like this

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Few sites i frequently use for buying stuff was rated as yellow color and the happy face was the second one, i had to check those sites with netcraft risk rating and everything seemed to be okay its quite nice addition

I still have problems with the vpn . I have enabled start up VPN when computer starts but it will show as no internet connection available and f-secure seems to trying to connect but is unable to do so. I have to go to settings and disable VPN, and restart it to get it working again. This happens most of time, sometimes i have luck and it doesnt happen

i could contact support and use the f-secures gather support tool build in f-secure itself but for now i live like this

I'm going to start doing that, to enable the VPN when the computer starts, as it's one less step in opening the app itself. I'll see if I have the same issue. I also wish there was a right-click option to enable and disable VPN, and a system tray icon like the stand-alone apps have.

Enable vpn.jpg

mullvad.jpg

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Your not alone, but personal it ain't that serious where I wouldn't get any connection at all. It's the speed I noticed and it feels more wobbly/unstable then it should be. Switching the server helps from time to time, but I shouldn't need to and extra as a paying customer so I simply disable the VPN module and use another vendor as I already have one extra installed.

I also wish there was a right-click option to enable and disable VPN, and a system tray icon like the stand-alone apps have.

One very good reason why I didn't liked the implementation. When the VPN was standalone, the control was IMO much better and granular.

That suggestion, should also be posted or linked in the next upcoming Beta thread on their forum. Otherwise not sure their developers actually see it. :unsure:

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Your not alone, but personal it ain't that serious where I wouldn't get any connection at all. It's the speed I noticed and it feels more wobbly/unstable then it should be. Switching the server helps from time to time, but I shouldn't need to and extra as a paying customer so I simply disable the VPN module and use another vendor as I already have one extra installed.

Yep, I'll get the occasional dropouts (no disconnected notification) and find Mullvad to be a nice backup VPN. Does it have to do with the limited number of servers they have, and that they get overwhelmed?

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Yep, I'll get the occasional dropouts (no disconnected notification) and find Mullvad to be a nice backup VPN. Does it have to do with the limited number of servers they have, and that they get overwhelmed?
Don't know, but I got the feeling they implemented more servers now with the 19.2 update. Have not done any deeper investigation/trace on exact what servers etc they use.

Bill K

Level 5
Verified
Jul 25, 2018
I have F-Secure Internet Security (was originally SAFE) version 19.2 installed on a Windows 11 PC, and recently have been encountering the Trusted Shopping popups. Find it very annoying that it shows up on trusted sites repeatedly and my version doesn't have the related setting to disable the Trusted Shopping feature which some apparently have. I still have almost two years left on my license but find this so annoying that it's making me consider finding different security software. I'd welcome any ideas on how I might be able to stop the popups, or another less intrusive solution you'd suggest. TIA and happy holidays!

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
I have F-Secure Internet Security (was originally SAFE) version 19.2 installed on a Windows 11 PC, and recently have been encountering the Trusted Shopping popups. Find it very annoying that it shows up on trusted sites repeatedly and my version doesn't have the related setting to disable the Trusted Shopping feature which some apparently have. I still have almost two years left on my license but find this so annoying that it's making me consider finding different security software. I'd welcome any ideas on how I might be able to stop the popups, or another less intrusive solution you'd suggest. TIA and happy holidays!

I'm not sure as far as 19.2 with Internet Security. With Total Security, that option is shown in Settings/Secure browsing. So I don't know if you need to make that transition into Total Security for that option to display? Maybe @upnorth has a better handle on that than I do. Or, just try uninstalling and reinstalling it? And happy holidays to you as well :)

secure.jpg

tasos83

Level 1
Verified
Well-known
Dec 8, 2015
Same ''problem'' here!

Bill K

Level 5
Verified
Jul 25, 2018
Called F-Secure support since I wasn't able to upgrade my installation of IS to Total as their site stated. Very helpful support found that my account was for SAFE which converted to IS, but that my license is not eligible for upgrade to TOTAL. They checked and found that the Trusted Shopping feature wasn't supposed to go to IS users and was only intended for TOTAL users, and that explains why I don't see the options to disable it. They are now aware of this problem and will contact me via email with updates, but the Trusted Shopping feature will hopefully be removed from my version in a future update.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.