upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Can you give me a link?
You can either use an existing thread or create a brand new, because you might actually have found something interesting that I'm not sure other reported about. It's your choice even if myself would probably create a brand new thread here:

This is the previous thread:

Bill K

Level 5
Verified
Jul 25, 2018
Latest update from the F-Secure forum:

We regret any inconvenience caused. Our team is actively addressing the issue and working on a fix. Unfortunately, we don't have a specific timeline for the release, however, rest assured, we'll keep you informed once the solution is available.

It's worth noting that the feature in question is designed for F-Secure Total and the new F-Secure Internet Security, not for the legacy F-Secure Internet Security.

We appreciate your understanding and patience in this matter. If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out. Have a great day.

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Just an aside, regarding F-Secure Total's Banking and Browsing protection.

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
2023-12-18_16-53-29.png

The fix has been released and I just tested it, and can confirm it works with the Internet Security version. Make sure to get the Oneclient 5.3.2425.

About the problem with the Total version for member @Szellem , I don't know as my never was affected and still ain't.

Bill K

Level 5
Verified
Jul 25, 2018
View attachment 280354

The fix has been released and I just tested it, and can confirm it works with the Internet Security version. Make sure to get the Oneclient 5.3.2425.

About the problem with the Total version for member @Szellem , I don't know as my never was affected and still ain't.
Reset the setting in Chrome and verified that I have the latest update as shown above, but I still get the Trusted Shopping popups. Do I need to reboot?

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Reset the setting in Chrome and verified that I have the latest update as shown above, but I still get the Trusted Shopping popups. Do I need to reboot?
Don't think so as I didn't need to, but please try anyway. One more thing! Make sure you have the latest updated browser extension. That might also do the trick.

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
I received this in my email from F-Secure. I cropped some of it out, but does anyone know what the new feature is that they're working on for 2024? Is it going to be something like Scamio or Norton Genie?

new for 2024.jpg

Last edited:

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I received this in my email from F-Secure. I cropped some of it out, but does anyone know what the new feature is that they're working on for 2024? Is it going to be something like Scamio or Norton Genie?

View attachment 280384
They already have phishing protection in web filter, recently added site rating and safe shopping does exist already

No idea what it could be :unsure:

Szellem

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
View attachment 280354

At first, I tried to log in to the F-Secure forum, but it wouldn't let me. I tried to create a new account and it wouldn't let me either. So I did not post my problem.
I have now checked the problem and it is solved, but there is still no separate switch in the product.

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
At first, I tried to log in to the F-Secure forum, but it wouldn't let me. I tried to create a new account and it wouldn't let me either. So I did not post my problem.
I have now checked the problem and it is solved, but there is still no separate switch in the product.
I have a PM with a Community Manager there as far as my not being able to reply, respond to a post or even to respond to a thread I created, but only to accept an answer.
That forum needs help, a makeover.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Your obvious in a bad loop or a so called Catch22, because you can't do much without full access to your own My F-Secure online account.

You would need to release your license to begin with, download the latest installation package. Uninstall F-Secure Total you have now on your machine, then install it again with the installation package/file you downloaded. That usually does the trick or should anyway because if you still would have the exact same problem and still can't see the actual feature under settings/secure browsing, it's high time to use your phone or use the chat option and get in contact with their support that way, instead of try on their forum. But since your not able to access your online account, you simply have to start with the official support found here:

• Applause

Szellem

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
Your obvious in a bad loop or a so called Catch22, because you can't do much without full access to your own My F-Secure online account.

You would need to release your license to begin with, download the latest installation package. Uninstall F-Secure Total you have now on your machine, then install it again with the installation package/file you downloaded. That usually does the trick or should anyway because if you still would have the exact same problem and still can't see the actual feature under settings/secure browsing, it's high time to use your phone or use the chat option and get in contact with their support that way, instead of try on their forum. But since your not able to access your online account, you simply have to start with the official support found here:

I can access my online account because I can log in. From there I download my F-Secure Total app.
I can't get into the F-Secure forum.

• Wow
Reactions: upnorth

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I can access my online account because I can log in. From there I download my F-Secure Total app.
I can't get into the F-Secure forum.
How weird. It's supposed to be the exact same credentials ( username/password ). Haven't tested it myself since a few days ago. I'll give it a go...

Nope! Worked just fine to login to their forum and I even checked their service status page if there suddenly was some general problems. Nothing I could see, so try tomorrow give them a call or use the chat option and hopefully they can help you. But until then since you actually have full access to the My F-Secure page, fix the reinstallation as if I understand correct there was still an issue with as you said:
still no separate switch in the product.

• Applause

Szellem

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
How weird. It's supposed to be the exact same credentials ( username/password ). Haven't tested it myself since a few days ago. I'll give it a go...

At that moment I tried it Bro! Here's the picture that's been throwing me an error message for days.

Képernyőkép 2023-12-20 200648.png

• Thanks
Reactions: upnorth

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
At that moment I tried it Bro! Here's the picture that's been throwing me an error message for days.

View attachment 280411
Are you using the VPN? If so, try to switch server or disable it and test again.

2023-12-20_20-45-53.png

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Don't know. Keep an eye on the next upcoming Beta version ( 19.3 ) thread and see if they might mention it there:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.