frogboy's configuration Toshiba PC

Last updated
Dec 31, 1969
Windows Edition
Pro
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
Emsisoft Internet Security. Zemana Antimalware. Shadow Defender.VoodooShield.
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Eset Online Scanner. MBAM.
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
CyberFox X64. SlimJet. X64.
uBlock origin. Blur. LastPass. Bitdefender Traffic light. HTTPS Everywhere. CookieMonster. Disconnect.
Maintenance tools
CCleaner. Wisecare 365 Pro.
File and Photo backup
Macrium Reflect free. Aomei Backupper Pro.
System recovery
Macrium Reflect free. Aomei Backupper Pro.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
What exactly is anti-exploit supposed to do? Pardon my ignorance, I'm a bit of a novice.
For a good explanation see here as i am not good with words. Exploit (computer security) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Remove Ashampoo WinOptimizer and blur and switch to better alternatives such as tweaking.com's simple s/m tweaker and LastPass. If you use blur only to remove trackers then its ok. Is it norton total security or Norton IS?
Norton Security and i will be Keeping Ashampoo Winoptimizer thanks very much. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Very good config. Crazy that Norton in late 2014 was so badly looked at now so many are saying it's great. Heck even I look at it and rolled my eyes a few years ago. What they have done now is a complete 180. One of the most modern vendors out there (and only improve since a year ago).

Your real time is strong, light, balanced, and should not conflict. Your on demand are all very reliable at removal and detection. Two backup programs are better than one. Helps that both are very reliable in backup/restore. Personally I love Macrium's ability to add boot option (which can also repair system) all for the low price of free. Even if you have multi-boot system (like Windows/Linux combo) it will still function correctly - something other tools can not do. I noticed that Macrium can most of the time keep the grub boot loader (which also boots Windows when dual booting) for Linux intact as long as you backup whole drive while Linux was installed.

Liking the rest of your config (even those that don't pertain to security). Hoping CCleaner will support Vivaldi (and Slimjet, Cent Browser, etc). I have a habit of using CCleaner/built in browser cleanup every time I close a browser so I guess it don't matter. Then again, CCEnhancer might already add support for them.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Stable 2 is what i am using.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.