Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013

On January 21st, Microsoft announced the next version of its powerful productivity suite, Office 2016,which will arrive in the second half of 2015. The company also revealed that the touch-first universal Office apps will soon be available to test with future builds of the Technical Preview of Windows 10.

Full Article & screenshots

Cain

Level 4
Verified
Dec 19, 2013
Totally with the rest of you guys on this one. I'm not an 'Office Hater', when v2007 came out I was blown away by how revolutionary the UI was. The ribbon was the such a great change from the ancient 'tree-structure' menus (apart from help-desking thousands of teachers and student to find 'Print' :D)... Then v2010 came out and it was just an improvement again! The new features were great, like Mail-merge being made dummy proof (almost 'Fanboy' status :D).

- Going to v2013 ...what a contrast. I was genuinely disappointed with Office 2013. I found a reproducible bug where I cannot use the 'Mail' setup function from within Control Panel after installation, and the only way to fix it is to do an "On-line repair". Installing either x64 or x32 doesn't seem to have any affect over the reproducible bug. Issues with Outlook... After configuring Outlook.com IMAP account, I faced a bug where I could not delete any emails. Outlook message reports "the file cannot be found". I found that to be a common problem that has still not been addressed (to my knowledge). I've had to re-install immediately after an installation, as Word had some file permission problem where it would report "Error 25" every time a Word file was simply clicked on using explorer :mad: but On-line repair after install usually seems to get it running fairly stable.

The fact that the problems I've experienced with Office 2013 have all been related between other Microsoft software (should all talk nicely to each other!) left me questioning Microsoft's product testing phase for Office 2013. Was it ready to be released or was it pushed out half-baked? ...In my experience, there was not nearly enough added value to justify the investment of purchasing Office 15 over Office 14 and only caused unnecessary headaches. - End Rant :rolleyes:

I really hope Office 2016 will bring me closer to what I experienced when switching to v2007 and v2010.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Honestly I like the black theme shown on the gallery, this type of UI makes the Office version starting from 2007 to be easier at all with ease to use. ;)

Seems the features are really getting better and promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.