Goro's config :D

goro

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 6, 2014
this is my config on laptop. I like Kaspersky, but I need performance, simple, and extra battery life :p
thanks to Littlebits, i know what i need :D
here my desktop :p

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 373
D

Deleted member 178

good one, simple and efficient, just have safe habits and do a scan with MBAM once a week/month , and you are good

Reactions: goro

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I really like your configuration, goro; and I like your illustrations too! Thank you for sharing them.:)
If you haven't followed Lord Umbra's instruction for IE yet,
  1. <click> the cog shape
  2. Then <click> "internet options"
  3. <click> the "Security" tab
  4. Check the box "Enable Protected Mode" beneath security level (requires restarting IE).

goro

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 6, 2014
I really like your configuration, goro; and I like your illustrations too! Thank you for sharing them.:)
If you haven't followed Lord Umbra's instruction for IE yet,
  1. <click> the cog shape
  2. Then <click> "internet options"
  3. <click> the "Security" tab
  4. Check the box "Enable Protected Mode" beneath security level (requires restarting IE).
IE checks the box by default, don't worry :p and thank you for your suggestion :D

goro

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 6, 2014
Doing a daily scan wouldn't hurt either.
yeah, its pretty quick.
I use Outlook to check my emails, check videos on Youtube, read news, play games, make artworks, that's all. So i think weekly scan is enough for me :D

Reactions: Oxygen
Y

yigido

IE has lots of backdoors. Use another browser!
Good config thanks for sharing :)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
IE has lots of backdoors. Use another browser!
Good config thanks for sharing :)
@yidido, do you think with goro using Sandboxie there would be protection from back door threats?o_O
..or is it now time for an MT member approved x64 bit browser for goro to try!:D;)

Reactions: goro and Kent
Y

yigido

@yidido, do you think with goro using Sandboxie there would be protection from back door threats?o_O
..or is it now time for an MT member approved x64 bit browser for goro to try!:D;)
I do not know sandboxie can protect against backdoors. A company used a backdoor in IE 2 years round. After 2 years, They report it to Microsoft. Some backdoors and leaks does not fixed by Microsoft deliberately!
I do not recommend browsers :D
People said in first time "This is the best browser I have ever tried!", the day after this "This browser has lags, I turned back to Chrome again!"
I am sorry for them but they know nothing about testing softwares. They like getting spied on. I cannot do nothing for this people. ;)

goro

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 6, 2014
Update: remove MSE, install avast with only file protection.
MSE is great, but I'm too lazy to click ""windows update" icon everyday :p. So I installed avast. :D

Reactions: yigido

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.