Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
I do the test I in virtualbox with UnThreat and AVG . Well, only with AVG because I was tired of writing Not Detected

With Qihoo , now that you mention it , yes I detect when the downloaded .exe network , but I 've downloaded MWP 2014-12-20 #28.7z from http://malwaretips.com/threads/2014-12-20-28.39274/
and has not done anything. It must be that until it does not run does not work

Anyway , I can tell you that I put it to my wife and I had to uninstall it because the games she downloaded by the network detected as viruses and Bitdefender did not see well . Then we find that was because the Pup Ups . Ie quieter than Qihoo will do a good job . I am sure .

View attachment 37551

View attachment 37552

You can always download , unzip and let the scan Right , without your computer is in danger

View attachment 37553
Some times it detects it some times it does not I think the main thing is you have to interact with the malware like double click or move it to another location. But thanks for your input!

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Thanks a bunch! I'm actually having some trouble with 360, whenever I unzip malware to my system to run a test it doesn't seem to detect it until I scan the folder? Does that happen to you too?

you need to use these settings ... 360 TS notify directly by the unzip ;)

5.PNG

Atlas147

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Remove 360 TS :(
Add Avast! antivirus

Atlas147

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Why did you replaced 360 TS with Avast! ?
So I ran a few malware links in a sandboxed browser to see if Qihoo could block them, and I'm not sure if it's glitched or something but 360 TS did not block a single one, which was weird to me. So I did a scan on all my sandboxed files and sure enough 360TS detected 9 threats. This meant that the real time protection was buggy or the sandbox made it so that 360 couldn't detect the files. I have tried this with multiple AVs and sadly only 360 has this problem, so I feel that I cannot trust 360TS anymore, just my opinion. :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Add MC shield

Just a friendly reminder that if in case you encounter an infected USB that you inserted to your computer, expect a bit issue where McShield failed to remove the threats due to in fact your current AV may detected it immediately. ;)

Reactions: Atlas147

Atlas147

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Just a friendly reminder that if in case you encounter an infected USB that you inserted to your computer, expect a bit issue where McShield failed to remove the threats due to in fact your current AV may detected it immediately. ;)
ah I see thanks for the heads up! I find MC shield to be extremely light on the system and so far so good! :)

Reactions: jamescv7

Atlas147

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Add Herd Protect

Atlas147

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Remove Avast
Add 360 Total Security

Last edited:

Atlas147

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Remove 360 TS
Add Avira free

Reactions: toto

Atlas147

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
which one do you find lighter on the system avira or avast ?
I think both are fairly light, I would have to go with avira because I find that avast does something where it immediately scans the file before it is written to disk whereas avira and many other AVs allow the file to be written onto the disk first before scanning it. Let me explain, say you extract a malware pack of 50 files, avast scans each file before allowing it to be written on the disk, and usually it takes around 1min for all the files to be extracted, but they are detected as they are extracted. However other AVs I've used eg bitdefender, avira etc have it so that the files are first extracted to the location before they are detected as malware. This means that the unzipping takes around 10 seconds and all the files are still detected, however there is a small delay (say 5 seconds?).

Reactions: toto

Atlas147

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Remove
- Online Armor (was messing with my VPN connections)
- Malwarebytes anti exploit (slows down firefox browsing significantly, sometimes may cause it to hang)

Add
- Windows Firewall (works together with Avira Free AV to provide better protection)
- Zemana anti malware (quite a good cloud scanner with many engines that can be manually enabled and disabled, I also like the function of being able to drop any file onto the window and it will automatically scan the file for threats)

Atlas147

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Added
Avast Pro
Zemana Antilogger
Malwarebytes Anti Exploit
Glasswire

Removed
Avira Free AV

Reactions: Adhit Prakosho

Atlas147

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
What made you switch from Avira to Avast?
TBH the protection they provide is on par with each other. The problem I was having with Avira was I had an error when i would go to update my virus definitions. I couldn't solve it for a few days and that was when I decided to just head back to avast. Personally it feels a little heavier than Avira but avast handles detections so much better than Avira (quick scanning everytime it detects something just drives me insane).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.