Has Windows 10 already started preloading on your PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTUser

Level 4
Verified
Sep 11, 2014
I was talking with Microsoft support and they say it isn't normal , you should generate a unique key, otherwise you did something wrong in the process.

They recommended me to format again do 8.1 and upgrade.

Reactions: Exterminator

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
It is unrealistic to think that activation is going to work perfectly and immediately; give it some time.

Tani

Level 9
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
Why everyone have the same keys?

Windows 10 Home - YTMG3-N6DKC-DKB77-7M9GH-8HVX7
Windows 10 Home SL- BT79Q-G7N6G-PGBYW-4YWX6-6F4BT
Windows 10 Pro - VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T
Windows 10 Pro VL-MAK - QJNXR-7D97Q-K7WH4-RYWQ8-6MT6Y
OMG I'd also received that last key :( but using education version at the moment using product ordered via dreamspark :p :D

VirusAttak

Level 4
Verified
Aug 31, 2014
I know this may sound ridiculous but try tapping/clicking on the Activate button until it states that its activated. I tried that method several minutes ago and voila, it worked. The source of the remedy is found in the links below -
http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...or-code-0xc004f034-post297260.html#post297260
http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...ivate-error-code-0xc004f034-4.html#post297338
I didn't worked for me, So I just did a clean install of win 8.1 come with my laptop , than upgraded it to win pro using retail key, used MS ISO tool to create installation media, did an upgrade voila! Activated.
After activation I just made a reset.
OMG I'd also received that last key :( but using education version at the moment using product ordered via dreamspark :p :D
I've same key 3rd one, What does it mean? it's not original?

SherKaan

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
What should I do now? Go back to Windows 7 and do that upgrade all over again?

VirusAttak

Level 4
Verified
Aug 31, 2014
I've got this
  • The 3VXXX product key is a generic key assigned to everyone who upgraded from a genuine version of Windows. As long as you have hardware that is whitelisted in MSFT's system as having been upgraded from genuine Windows 7/8/8.1, you can activate using this generic key.

Tani

Level 9
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
I didn't worked for me, So I just did a clean install of win 8.1 come with my laptop , than upgraded it to win pro using retail key, used MS ISO tool to create installation media, did an upgrade voila! Activated.
After activation I just made a reset.

I've same key 3rd one, What does it mean? it's not original?
you should be safe, as the windows has already been installed, when ever you wish to reinstall your operating system use that key (if asked, most probably it should not ask when you'll install on your same hardware) even in case if that key doesn't work for any reason than you can install windows 8.1 or 7 & re-upgrade the operating system to windows 10, there are whole 12 months so you & everyone else should relax & enjoy windows 10 :)

Reactions: VirusAttak

SherKaan

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
I have the solution:

First, you must do the following to check your Windows 10 key:

Copy/paste the following into a notepad:

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
MsgBox ConvertToKey(WshShell.RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\DigitalProductId"))

Function ConvertToKey(Key)
Const KeyOffset = 52
i = 28
Chars = "BCDFGHJKMPQRTVWXY2346789"
Do
Cur = 0
x = 14
Do
Cur = Cur * 256
Cur = Key(x + KeyOffset) + Cur
Key(x + KeyOffset) = (Cur \ 24) And 255
Cur = Cur Mod 24
x = x -1
Loop While x >= 0
i = i -1
KeyOutput = Mid(Chars, Cur + 1, 1) & KeyOutput
If (((29 - i) Mod 6) = 0) And (i <> -1) Then
i = i -1
KeyOutput = "-" & KeyOutput
End If
Loop While i >= 0
ConvertToKey = KeyOutput
End Function

Now, save the file as "producktkey.vbs" Double click it and you will get your Windows 10 key.

I just did that and my key is different, so I am all good.

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
I went the only one to have no problems during the update?:):)
just let update and relaxed comfortably on my couch while the process was running...
I had few documents on the pc and had made a clean installation a few months ago ... everything went well and everything is valid.
windows 10 is more stable than 8.1 and even faster.
I can say I made the right choice, I'm pleased so far ...
good luck to all who having encountered any problem ... that solve as fast as possible;)

Reactions: frogboy

VirusAttak

Level 4
Verified
Aug 31, 2014
I have the solution:

First, you must do the following to check your Windows 10 key:

Copy/paste the following into a notepad:

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
MsgBox ConvertToKey(WshShell.RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\DigitalProductId"))

Function ConvertToKey(Key)
Const KeyOffset = 52
i = 28
Chars = "BCDFGHJKMPQRTVWXY2346789"
Do
Cur = 0
x = 14
Do
Cur = Cur * 256
Cur = Key(x + KeyOffset) + Cur
Key(x + KeyOffset) = (Cur \ 24) And 255
Cur = Cur Mod 24
x = x -1
Loop While x >= 0
i = i -1
KeyOutput = Mid(Chars, Cur + 1, 1) & KeyOutput
If (((29 - i) Mod 6) = 0) And (i <> -1) Then
i = i -1
KeyOutput = "-" & KeyOutput
End If
Loop While i >= 0
ConvertToKey = KeyOutput
End Function

Now, save the file as "producktkey.vbs" Double click it and you will get your Windows 10 key.

I just did that and my key is different, so I am all good.
Holy! You Saved my Life, :D

Reactions: SherKaan

SherKaan

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
I tried to change the current key with this one.

I also tried putting my key there and it didn't work. This is getting insane. We must call Microsoft now.

I tried another program called ProduKey by NirSoft and it told me the one gave by @MTUser (YTMG3-----)

VirusAttak

Level 4
Verified
Aug 31, 2014
I also tried putting my key there and it didn't work. This is getting insane. We must call Microsoft now.

I tried another program called ProduKey by NirSoft and it told me the one gave by @MTUser (YTMG3-----)
I Did same as you, I tried to call microsoft yesterday but all line were busy, I'll call them tomorrow after 9AM.

D

Deleted member 2913

Why everyone have the same keys?

Windows 10 Home - YTMG3-N6DKC-DKB77-7M9GH-8HVX7
Windows 10 Home SL- BT79Q-G7N6G-PGBYW-4YWX6-6F4BT
Windows 10 Pro - VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T
Windows 10 Pro VL-MAK - QJNXR-7D97Q-K7WH4-RYWQ8-6MT6Y
I too have the key mentioned here.
Why the same keys for everyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.