How is Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 running on XP lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soccer97

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
May 22, 2014
How is Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 running on XP SP3 lately? It is one of those family computers with 1GB of RAM (it's that old when that was standard). I reimaged the PC 2 years ago, and they are waiting on Windows 9 to be released to buy a new PC. Then, they are re-formatting the XP PC and tossing it.

It is currently running KIS 2014 (latest patch) and is a major resource hog. I like Kaspersky overall, but IMHO the 2014 build just was not that great.

I am interested if anyone has experience, specifically with XP and 1-2 GB of RAM.

Do you recommend waiting 6-8 weeks when the builds are finalized and bugfixes/patches begin to be released?

Last edited:

NullPointerException

Level 12
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
Windows 9 is just going to be like Windows 8.1. I suggest you to install Windows 8 or 7 on their operating systems. Knowing Microssoft is no fool, it certainly cannot release an operating system without at least a year from now. Because we've Vista, 7, 8.0, 8.1 and Vista's and 7's service packs respectively with all the editions (i.e. Home Premium, Ultimate).

soccer97

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
May 22, 2014
Windows 9 is just going to be like Windows 8.1. I suggest you to install Windows 8 or 7 on their operating systems. Knowing Microssoft is no fool, it certainly cannot release an operating system without at least a year from now. Because we've Vista, 7, 8.0, 8.1 and Vista's and 7's service packs respectively with all the editions (i.e. Home Premium, Ultimate).

I know and expected advice to upgrade. They are bent on sticking with XP. I know its End-of-Support and hate they have made this decision, but it is out of my control, and they are not budging regardless. I am trying to mitigate until Q1 or Q2 of 2014 when Windows 9 is suspected to be RTM. I am just trying to help out my parents who are older and not tech savvy.

NullPointerException

Level 12
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
Kaspersky never performed well. Try out ESET and make sure to have a powerful config. Like Emsisoft Emergency Kit, Malwarebytes, Hitman Pro, Rollback RX and your main antivirus tweaked with all the updates. I recommend to use Service Pack 4 too.

R

rocky

I don't think they will be happy with KIS 2015 on that setup but I could be wrong. My mother is using a similar computer with half a gb ram and it is working perfect with Defensewall and Shadow Defender set to start at boot.

dowN1

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Aug 11, 2014
you want an advice? Uninstall KIS/kaspersky AV and install kaspersky pure/KTS (kaspersky total security - technical preview)
It's MUCH LIGHTER...don't know why but it's true..you will be able to use KTS even with 1-2 GB of RAM

BERROHO

Level 2
Verified
Aug 30, 2014
LOOK MAN FOR 1 GB DE RAM YOU HAVE DE WORK WITH ESET OR 360 SAFE OR AVAST . KASPERSKY OR BITDEFENDER FOR WORKING GOD YOU MUST TO HAVE A 3 GB RAM AND MOST

NullPointerException

Level 12
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
  • Intel Pentium 1 GHz or faster, 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64)
  • 512 MB free RAM
I cannot trust KIS. I've a much better system yet the 2014 version didn't run well. And I used Windows 8.0!
'Free' means the rest of your OS can only stick to half GB RAM, or else it'll crash.

soccer97

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
May 22, 2014
you want an advice? Uninstall KIS/kaspersky AV and install kaspersky pure/KTS (kaspersky total security - technical preview)
It's MUCH LIGHTER...don't know why but it's true..you will be able to use KTS even with 1-2 GB of RAM

Now that is a bit shocking......

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.