Guide | How To How to set CIS + EAM for max compatibility & security

• Thread starter Deleted member 178
  • Start date
The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
this quick guide will allow you to use EAM (full version) alongside CIS with maximal compatibility.

CIS part

1- AV tab:

- set the AV on access, so it will catch malwares before EAM.

Av-2.jpg

2- Defense+ tab (if not already on Trusted Files)

- add EAM files as Tusted: "a2service.exe" , "a2start.exe", "a2guard.exe"

Dtab-2.jpg

EAM Part:

1- Application Rules

- add this CIS file: "cmdagent.exe", "cfp.exe", "cfpupdat.exe", "cfpconfg.exe", "cavscan.exe" on the list as "excluded" ("always allow this application" in Add new Rules)

apprule-1.jpg

2- Alerts tab:

- tick on activate Intelligent alert reduction (will diminish the numbers of popups).
- tick on community based alert reduction (will use the cloud to reducing popups).

alert-2.jpg

3- File Guard tab

- select "scan only programs before they are executed" (will let CIS do all the prevention job, EAM will eventually catch malwares not blocked by CIS. this option will also reduce the RAM usage of EAM)

guard-2.jpg

..............................................................................................

that is all for the moment, if i find new options i will update this post.

thanks for reading

Reactions: Sloth

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
RE: How to set CIS + EAM for max compatibility

I'll use this when I was paranoid about viruses.
hehe :D

thank you, umbra.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

OP edited, pictures added.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011

Nice. But you can add the step number next to each square in the pictures.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

yep forgot to do that, btw i think if people can install the apps, they will find how to do :D

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011

umbrapolaris said:
yep forgot to do that, btw i think if people can install the apps, they will find how to do :D

Not all of us install the programs by themselves ;)

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

ok numbers for step by step added.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011

Nice guide Umbra, but seriously why would you ever want to run both of these together at the same time. CIS on it's own provides more than enough protection.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Tomo172 said:
Nice guide Umbra, but seriously why would you ever want to run both of these together at the same time. CIS on it's own provides more than enough protection.

Agree. Why need to run this as well as CIS. CIS has enough protection as it is, but nice guide ;)

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011

Good guide umbrapolaris! Keep up those informative posts.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

some guys like using MBAM Pro alongside their suite or AV, since i don't like MBAM Pro, i prefer using EAM alongside CIS for its BB, Surf (Host) Protection (CIS dont have those features yet).

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011

You need to ask yourself the question though, is it really needed?

Maybe for a basic AV it's a good idea to install something extra beside it like MBAM, but CIS is a full blown suite with a wealth of features. It's your PC ofcourse and you can install what you want, but realistically you don't need it.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

Tomo172 said:
You need to ask yourself the question though, is it really needed?

for me yes, the features i mentioned are what CIS lacks (and may add for v6). btw, i dont like wasting the EAM license i won from MalwareTips. :D

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011

It's not like you're under huge risk of infection without those features that CIS lacks. Fair enough you don't want to waste the license you won.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

I get the impression Comodo Internet Security, does not provide adequate protection.

However, one could argue, just because it doesn't use all security technology available, doesn't mean it lacks protection.

(I think I said it correctly).

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

Earth said:
I get the impression Comodo Internet Security, does not provide adequate protection.

no, no CIS provide enough protection.

However, one could argue, just because it doesn't use all security technology available, doesn't mean it lacks protection.

you right, but in my case i like to have many features like a webshield and BB (not yet on CIS).

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

Well for CIS 6 upcoming version (as BB would be implemented), CIS would handle at all and can do it alone since all features were combine on that future version 6.

For CIS+EAM is likely in a eye to be an overkill, but because of testing and observations it could be work well without problems.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011

Comodo Internet Security is enough for a very secure security setup but it's also good to have another layer of protection especially if these two products are compatible with each other. It's also good enough if the PC can handle two Real Time Protection software altogether.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011

if now, I use CIS.
I only use CIS, and will emsisoft as On-Demand scanner.

but the instructions are nice, umbra.
for people who want to protect their PCs more and more.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.