Guide | How To How To Use Windows Reliability Monitor?

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
and yes thank you for the info on Windows Reliabillity Monitor i use it also
that and the event viewer can come in handy

:)

James
Hi James ! Yes the event viewer is handy also. I like the Reliability Monitor because it gives you a great graft of how your PC is performing.
I like to see mine setting on 10, but occasionally I get a bobo like I showed in this thread.
Are you getting a 10 James??

Reactions: jim lin

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
does anyone have how to enable this tool in windows 8.1 i cant find it
Hi rebel! I don't run W8. See if this helps!
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/use-windows-8-reliability-monitor
The tool is special in a way that the events which are normally noticeable by users can be picked up by the program and provided in the form of a graphical layout, pinpointing when an issue occurred and for how long it has been occurring. The graph goes down whenever the computer experiences a problem, like software not working or a driver crashing, unexpectedly. Reliability Monitor presents the data in the form of a line chart that provides a system stability overview with detailed information about individual events that may affect the system’s overall stability. By combining what Reliability Monitor logs, and the Events Logs and is detailed in problem reports you are further along in finding out what is causing Windows problems.

Reliability Monitor provides a system stability overview and trend analysis with detailed information about individual events that may affect the system’s overall stability, such as software installations, operating system updates, and hardware failures. It begins collecting data at the time of system installation.

Rather than downloading third-party tools for diagnosing and fixing your Windows PC problems, it’s best to use built-in programs, when available. Windows 8 Reliability Monitor is one such built-in tool that can be used for checking system errors, warnings, informational events and other critical events that can help you fix problems in Windows.

Last edited:

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
yes i'm in the 10 mark :)

i also like how it shows when the Windows store apps in Windows 8.1
get updated behind your back lol

like on 9/10/2014 Microsoft.BingMaps got updated

James

Last edited:

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi ! Does your Monitor show a 10 ?? If not time to find out why it's not.
Post your gaffs. See if someone here can help you!

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
no it's ok

on Windows 8 when you go in the Windows App's store it would show you when a App you
install needs updating

but now with Windows 8.1 it will update app's installed on it's own and in the
Reliability Moniter it shows you when it updates them

James

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
How do you know it's legit ? How can I report it while I don't have it ?
Hi ! Malware1. I have no idea what this insts449exe is. The only thing I know is Google it. It seems to be some thing new and hasn't been seen that much. I think it may be coming from Russia???
The filename instsf449.exe was last seen on 4.10.2013, and it is considered as unsafe. It doesn't sound very friendly to me.
MBAM has protected me from these threats many times. Again I just Google these things. I'm not a Pro!

Threat name
Malware
Filename
%%ProfileFolder%%\desktop\instsf449.exe
Filesize Unknown
Last seen
Status
Known to RemoveIT Pro as unsafe.

This file can perform following behavior.

- File is created as process on the disk.

- This process can create, delete or modify files on the disk.

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Well ! I guess I'm all excited about a windows tool that no one seems to like. It's a great tool, but I can't force you to use it. I can only recommend it. Here's a day when Windows was really active. Don't know why I'm beating a dead horse to the ground. I just like this tool and wanted to share it.:(

Attachments

• Capture48.JPG
    Capture48.JPG
    203.7 KB · Views: 414

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi This insts449exe got my attention, so I did a bunch of scans. Good old MBAM saved me again.
My PC is clean. Thanks for your interest in this MT(Not). There are more scans that I run, but this one satisfies me for now. I think I'll make a back up image with Macrium now. I have never been infected. I use MSE and MBAM Pro in real time. I also am a safe suffer;) Thanks MT for being the # 1 forum on the internet. I love you MT:rolleyes:
Capture999.JPG

Last edited:

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Thanks MT for letting me be me on your forum! I know! I'm off topic a lot, but I do know my machine and W7.
I know a little about malware too!;). This forum is growing every day and no one can stop us. We're on a roll and we're going to Get_er_Done.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.