Guide | How To How to View and Change your Google Ads Settings (no account required)

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Whether you're a Google account holder or not. You can view and change your Google Ad Settings here:
https://www.google.com/settings/ads

Settings for Google Ads - Ads enable free web services and content. These settings help control the types of ads you see.

For account holders:
  • Ads on Google (Search, Gmail, Youtube)
  • Google Ads across the Web (Web)
For non-account holders:
  • Ads on Google (Search)
  • Google Ads across the Web (Web, Youtube etc)
Based on:
  • Languages
  • Interests
  • Opt-out settings
The above settings can be changed, as well as opting out altogether.

This thread is help current Google users on their Ad settings. Much appreciated, if this does not become a topic of why not to use Google. :)

Last edited:

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
Nice find
While most people don't have this link or suppose they got it ,How many are intersted to change these setting,they even don't know google tracking them.
But people who visited forum like this or any other computer related forums or sites ,yes they might be intersted to change setting but no. are few and GOOGLE KNOW THIS :D
Point to be consider now many users leave the google not entirely.

WalterWolf

Level 3
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
MalwareVirus said:
Nice find
While most people don't have this link or suppose they got it ,How many are intersted to change these setting,they even don't know google tracking them.
But people who visited forum like this or any other computer related forums or sites ,yes they might be intersted to change setting but no. are few and GOOGLE KNOW THIS :D
Point to be consider now many users leave the google not entirely.

They hide these privacy settings too good.

Are these settings saved in cookies or ?

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
"Are these settings saved in cookies or ?"
May be i don't know what google can to track us.
As google chrome is dedicated to advertising,Firefox by default set google search engine,may be they can also use browser fingerprint to identified a user.Cookies can be deleted.
???

Val Ponton

Level 1
Feb 4, 2016
I am lost I could use some ABC 123 directions. Not computer total minded. Have lots to do, grandkids, blah blah. so if anyone could direct me to a spot here I would appreciate it. thanks
like now bacon great

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.