Question I cannot access Kaspersky forum

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
It is a long time that I have not login in Kaspersky forum
Since yesterday I try without success and got the error message: "You are not permitted to register a user account with this site."
Can you help me ? (@harlan4096 or @Berny).

Capture d'écran 2024-03-11 172313.png

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello @JB007

Welcome back :)
It looks like your account has been deleted :unsure:
Some time ago all "My Kaspersky" accounts that havn't been used for a long time have been deleted.

Hello @Berny ,
Nice to speak with you.
"My Kaspersky" account is still existing and works fine (with my current licence, my applications and my devices), but I cannot access to the forum.
NB: my Kaspersky forum' pseudo is not "JB007";)

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Thanks @Shadowra ,
You are right, it is strange because I can connect to "My Kaspersky" account.
View attachment 282096
You're right, that is strange, as both the forum and our My Kaspersky accounts use the same login credentials. But, maybe as Berny said, the forum reads the member's profile differently? I just checked on my end as well, no problems for both sites, even with Mullvad enabled but that was a good idea by @Shadowra

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
A bit strange indeed... if you try to register via your MyKaspersky account, you can't?
No VPN?
No, I cannot,I got the same error message (see my post #1).
And if I try to create a new account I got a message "there is yet an account with this mail address".
Yes I have Kaspersky VPN but I don't use it when I try to login.

Last edited:

B-boy/StyLe/

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2023
Your problem is quite strange... I created an account without any problem o_O (I used my MyKaspersky account, I have a license for Kaspersky Plus)

View attachment 282095
In fact, it's not strange. It's affecting existing accounts, it seems. I had no problems creating 2 new accounts, but I was not allowed to log in with my original one. And if the account was deleted I should be able to use the nickname but no. I wasn't allowed to use the nickname since it was in use by the altered account. Quite a mess.

I will follow the suggestions provided by Danila here when I have more spare time.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
If You delete My Kaspersky account that is linked to K. Community, then the link breaks, and You won't be able to join the Community, logical on the other hand, because the condition to join the K Community is that you have and log in with an account for the My Kaspersky service.

Last edited:

B-boy/StyLe/

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2023
If You delete My Kaspersky account that is linked to K. Community, then the link breaks, and You won't be able to join the Community, logical on the other hand, because the condition to join the K Community is that you have and log in with an account for the My Kaspersky service.
Probably that is the reason, since if I remember correctly I probably deleted it at least once in the past since I've had troubles to activate the free version in my region. I even used ProtonVPN to do so, as the new version wasn't available for our region, and I was impatient to give it a try.

But I remember another possible reason. Kaspersky closed down the old forums some time ago, and we needed to migrate to the new platform. I've lost an account there as well, and all of my contacts.

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
In fact, it's not strange. It's affecting existing accounts, it seems. I had no problems creating 2 new accounts, but I was not allowed to log in with my original one. And if the account was deleted I should be able to use the nickname but no. I wasn't allowed to use the nickname since it was in use by the altered account. Quite a mess.

I will follow the suggestions provided by Danila here when I have more spare time.
Thanks @B-boy/StyLe/ (y)
That's the explanation for my problem because I unistall K and closed my MK account in february 2022: Yesterday I decided to uninstall Kaspersky ; then after some months of reflexion I come back to K because it is my favourite AV for my most important devices (for work).

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Yes, with new community, We all old forum users had to migrate to new platform and join via our MyK account :)
Thanks @harlan4096
So if my understanding is good I have to create a new account for the forum with a new email address ? because my principal address is not accepted even if it is the address used for my "My Kaspersky" account :unsure:

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
The support answered me that the only solution is to create a new account with a new email address.
That's the answer (Google translated):

"Dear customer
Good morning ,
Thank you for your patience .
I have the response from our experts who inform me that the account with the email address: .......... is not registered on the forum.
Unfortunately, due to technical limitations, registration on the forum via the specified email address is not available.
The solution is to use another email address for registration on the forum.

Sincerely"

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Hello,
The support answered me that the only solution is to create a new account with a new email address.
That's the answer (Google translated):

"Dear customer
Good morning ,
Thank you for your patience .
I have the response from our experts who inform me that the account with the email address: .......... is not registered on the forum.
Unfortunately, due to technical limitations, registration on the forum via the specified email address is not available.
The solution is to use another email address for registration on the forum.

Sincerely"
Create a free Proton email account? I'm not sure of what you use, but when I was having problems with the F-Secure forum a while back, I created an account with them to be able to create a new forum account to see all of the posting options I wasn't getting. It since then has been cleared up. I already have 2 different Gmail accounts, so I can use the Proton account as a burn email address.

I agree with this, from your other post:
Yesterday I decided to uninstall Kaspersky ; then after some months of reflexion I come back to K because it is my favourite AV for my most important devices (for work).

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.