Status
Not open for further replies.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Did You (or Would You?) uninstall all the software from the USA when They started the war against Irak with lies (massive destruction weapons and so on...)? And many other meaningless war interventions? I'm not going to uninstall any software on my systems for political reasons 🙄

Taken from K. Community:

1645772002137.png

Anthony Qian

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 17, 2021
For your information, I'm sharing my findings on antivirus detections on HermeticWiper, which is aimed at computers in Ukraine.

Kaspersky is among the first batch of AVs (including ESET, McAfee, Microsoft, Symantec) detecting this malware (the detection ratio as per VT was less than 20% at that time).

Dr Web, on the contrary, added the detection almost 24 hours after the malware was discovered in the wild. I don't know why Dr Web takes so long to add the detection, but do I know Dr Web is the AV you should seriously consider uninstalling.

Last edited:

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
Hello,
Due to the war in Ukraine I decided to uninstall Kaspersky.
This is my small participation in the international sanctions against Russia.
I did the same, not because I don’t like kaspersky but to be solidair to Ukraine.
no matter how you see it, Eugene Kaspersky is personal friend of Poetin.
To ask if I uninstalled US software before , no I did not.

For me F-Secure now and no US or Russian AV anymore,

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
As expected a lot of users will leave Kaspersky. I can partially agree with this decision for obvious reason what happens these days. Personally, I won't be moralistic, otherwise I would have to be really consistent even in other cases like never purchase any technical stuff what's made in China (human-rights...). Of course, most people will say it's a huge difference in such cases of WAR. But it's still my humble opinion. No offense, I respect every different point of view.

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello,

I can understand your reasoning about the war in Ukraine, but MT is not meant to talk about politics.

Then, as the members above said, Kaspersky has nothing to do with the Russian government...
It reminds me of the unfounded accusations that the Americans made on Kaspersky Labs, just because someone from the NSA was using the Russian antivirus.

Besides, why target Kaspersky, and not the American Antivirus like Norton, McAfee or others? 🤔

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
The situation has really saddened me, to a greater extent than before maybe because I have children and several grandchildren - Albert could not have put it better in a well known quote: “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results” I don't see how corporations are responsible for the actions of one man, as always I do my best to remain neutral.:(:(

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I respect your decision , adguard is aswell from russia, but i dont see myself ditching it unless i run linux all day, maybe i might now :unsure:

But i just blame the goverment not the innocent companies or people

As my fav hockey team from khl is also ditching khl i understand anything related to ditching russian software feels right decision, its not about how small or how big the thing around is you may disable everything related to it

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
Most of the countries that are now talking against the war always easily forget their own doings in the colonial times.
Most of the present day rich countries became rich exploiting the countries of Asia, Africa and the South America.
I don't like to talk about these things because things will start to look very ugly if we go deep.
So, go on with your work as usual and be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.