Yesterday I decided to uninstall Kaspersky

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Now that the Olympics are over, anything goes. Chi asked Putin politely if he would wait till the Olympics were done to start his invasion. Guessing yes, no stopping Chi from doing same.

franz

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
May 29, 2021
I understand that many people have great feelings about what is happening now, but I hope that the debate is not about politics. I don't think anyone blames the Russian people for what's happening, but that people don't want to support big companies with money that in turn is a support for Putin, I understand that.

G

Guilhermesene

I made a post here on this forum with the same concerns as you @L0ckJaw and @silversurfer but the thread was deleted (nothing new). I did not mention anything against any government, it was just a concern about the product and its origin.

I think that the discussion about the product and its origin, as well as the impact that all these actions that are taking place at the moment are valid.

The point is that we should separate the really political issue from the issue of the product itself.

I don't know if I will stop using Kaspersky, but, the concern is yes, valid and the topic was deleted in my opinion pointlessly (this disappointed me a little).

Unfortunately, this forum has disappointed me once again and here I see that many products are much more “protected” compared to others.

I renewed a few days ago my Kaspersky license for another 2 years and for 10 devices, but I confess that on the day of the break-in, it made me wonder if I really shouldn't ask for a refund.

Last edited by a moderator:

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
If the market share of Kaspersky falls as a result of the Ukraine situation then the product may become weaker due to the lack of malware samples. That’s the main concern I have as a user of their products. That would be a shame because the anti-malware market is becoming dominated by a couple of big companies, with much less competition than we have seen in the past. Kaspersky have always made technically excellent products, but I fear they will be badly damaged by this.

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
I made a post here on this forum with the same concerns as you @L0ckJaw and @silversurfer but the thread was deleted (nothing new). I did not mention anything against any government, it was just a concern about the product and its origin.

I think that the discussion about the product and its origin, as well as the impact that all these actions that are taking place at the moment are valid.

The point is that we should separate the really political issue from the issue of the product itself.

I don't know if I will stop using Kaspersky, but, the concern is yes, valid and the topic was deleted in my opinion pointlessly (this disappointed me a little).

Unfortunately, this forum has disappointed me once again and here I see that many products are much more “protected” compared to others.

I renewed a few days ago my Kaspersky license for another 2 years and for 10 devices, but I confess that on the day of the break-in, it made me wonder if I really shouldn't ask for a refund.
Stop supporting russia

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

So looks like we can use "free speech" Please tell me why you believe my comment #12 looks like in same way to what you wrote in above quotes?

I have no "concerns" about Kaspersky at all, I won't remove Kaspersky Free on my laptop, I may sometime this year just changing to another AV but that's for reason only it's boring to use always the same AV, but I always come back to K. no doubt about that ;)

I'm also disappointed about something here in the forum, but that has nothing to do with MT Staff what may deletes any thread/post from me, they found a reason so I have to accept!
Everyone can leave a certain forum for some reason but keep in mind even on other forums all people have to follow rules otherwise doesn't work same like in real life (offline)...

Zorro

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
was thinking how many people would uninstall Kaspersky yesterday due to this war.

Ukraine are at war with Putin not Russia, That's how I see it.
Removing software is not difficult. But why? To harm Putin? Putin does not care whether you remove Kaspersky Anti-Virus or not, in any case, the one who removes the program will lose from the removal of an anti-virus that offers one of the best system protections in the world.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
But ultimately, it's your money and your choice. You must follow your convictions if you feel that strongly. I still have enormous respect for the online security presence that was/is Kaspersky but have no doubt whatsoever that many customers have taken this same action by removing it. Kaspersky will probably be hurt again. They took the right precautions years ago by becoming more global so may that dilute the impact somewhat.

Zorro

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
If the market share of Kaspersky falls as a result of the Ukraine situation then the product may become weaker due to the lack of malware samples.
How can the situation in Ukraine correlate with the number of samples in antivirus signature databases? For some reason, in 2014 the situation in Ukraine did not affect the ratings of Kaspersky in AV-Comparatives, AV-Test, the antivirus still continued to show excellent results in laboratory tests.

RansomwareRemediation

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2020
It's a good step and a safety measure for you. Kaspersky has turned an army of computers into sleeper cells. Never Kaspersky.
why do you say that? I have 2 computers with Kaspersky and it works perfectly, what does Kaspersky have to do with war? explain to me? Kaspersky moved its servers to swizeland, therefore it is not as Russian as it is said. Greetings to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.