I'm a long time fan of Malwarebytes!

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi! I'm a long time fan of MBAM. That's a long and boring story. I would like to hear your comments about this BETA software from malwarebytes. Sense this forum is mostly dedicated to malware, lets hear from you! I just ran this scan with Malwarebytes antirootkit. It took about 30 minutes. MBAM says I'm clean of Root Kits. That's good!!
What is a rootkit?
Malware authors use rootkits to hide malware on your PC. Malware hidden by rootkits often monitor, filter, and steal your data or abuse your computer’s resources, such as using your PC for bitcoin mining.
https://www.malwarebytes.org/antirootkit/
PS I have been busy lately; but I love this forum. I have made some really cool friends here and I will post here as long as Jack allows me to.
Hey cats 2,what do you think of this software my friend?? Is it any good TwinHeadedEagle ?
Here's some more software from malwarebytes! I use them all!
https://www.malwarebytes.org/downloads/#tools
This is a great forum!!

Attachments

• Capture48.JPG
    Capture48.JPG
    273.3 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:
Reactions: wisd0m

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Yes, I use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and use it to scan each and every download (regardless of how trustworthy they appear) ..but I've not tried their beta. Should I??o_O :D

I did listen to the posted thread recommending Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free!:)

Question, does anyone know whether MB's Anti-Rootkit protects further than our traditional Anti-Virus programs?
:D patience is a virtue my friend :D

on a more serious note besides malware bytes anti-malware i have tried this too & i like it :

https://www.malwarebytes.org/business/antiexploit/

Update: الشمس, it's good hearing feedback about their business applications!:)
On a further "limb" I wanted to ask, has anyone with malware infections used Malwarebytes "Chameleon"??;)

ا

الشمس

but I've not tried their beta. Should I?

i personally never touch a beta :cool:

Question, does anyone know whether MB's Anti-Rootkit protects further than our traditional Anti-Virus programs?

malware bytes anti-rootkit will be a waste of time if you got powerful anti-virus like bit defender / trend micro.

On a further "limb" I wanted to ask, has anyone with malware infections used Malwarebytes "Chameleon"??

if i am not wrong...you need malware bytes chameleon when the viruses that have infected your machine will not

allow the installation of malware bytes anti-malware the normal way...i have not tried it myself :)

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
:D patience is a virtue my friend :D

on a more serious note besides malware bytes anti-malware i have tried this too & i like it :

https://www.malwarebytes.org/business/antiexploit/
Hi! I have already recommend Malwarebytes/antiexploit. Some times I don't have much patience.
Thanks for your reply my friend! Malwarebytes has been around a long time and they have a lot of software programs.
Malwarebytes and I are old friends. We go clear back to the days of IObit. That's another story for another day.
Try this MBAM App.

https://www.malwarebytes.org/startuplite/

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hi! I have already recommend Malwarebytes/antiexploit. Some times I don't have much patience.
Thanks for your reply my friend! Malwarebytes has been around a long time and they have a lot of software programs.
Malwarebytes and I are old friends. We go clear back to the days of IObit. That's another story for another day.
Try this MBAM App.

https://www.malwarebytes.org/startuplite/
Well, I followed the <link> directly in order to read about "Staruplite"; and came away after just having had the biggest *laugh*!!:):)
Quote: "No one likes waiting for their computer to start - it's like watching paint dry (or golf)."!!:p:D*Lol!!* :rolleyes::);)

Update: Thank you, donetao (serious now) for the link.

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Yes, I use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and use it to scan each and every download (regardless of how trustworthy they appear) ..but I've not tried their beta. Should I??o_O :D

I did listen to the posted thread recommending Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free!:)

Update: الشمس, it's good hearing feedback about their business applications!:)
On a further "limb" I wanted to ask, has anyone with malware infections used Malwarebytes "Chameleon"??;)
Hi friend! It does not protect you. It scans for root kits. It runs on demand and does not conflict with your Anti-Virus programs.
Yes it's BETA, but I have trusted MBAM for years. Have I ever lead you astray my friend??

Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit BETA drills down and removes even deeply embedded rootkits

Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit BETA is cutting edge technology for detecting and removing the nastiest malicious rootkits

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Who knows more about malware then MBAM?? Every forum I'm on always have you scan with malwarebytes.
How much proof do you need??

Attachments

• Capture48.JPG
    Capture48.JPG
    273.3 KB · Views: 300

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hi friend! It does not protect you. It scans for root kits. It runs on demand and does not conflict with your Anti-Virus programs.
Yes it's BETA, but I have trusted MBAM for years. Have I ever lead you astray my friend??

Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit BETA drills down and removes even deeply embedded rootkits

Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit BETA is cutting edge technology for detecting and removing the nastiest malicious rootkits

This is very interesting, and reminiscent of how our very knowledgeable and "Trusted Member", n.nvt, schooled me once. It went something like.. "The future in dealing with attacks lies closer to the ability to repair the system after the attack has occurred rather than protecting it from the attack".
In a word, wow.:)
..and Thanks!:D

Reactions: Kent and donetao

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi ! How many MBAM Apps would you like to try my friends??
Would you rather use IObit programs? Not me!!
https://www.malwarebytes.org/fileassassin/
PS Rootkits are the nastiest of the nasty. Most Malware fighters will not even help you with them. Our friend TwinHeadedEagle will, but he's the best!!
I think it's my bed time. See you tomorrow!

Last edited:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I hear you.:)
Malwarebytes for everyone!!;) :):)

I do have an iOBit Advance Care 7 Pro key if anyone is interested. It was a win from a past Giveaway, and no, I don't have a bridge I'm trying to sell either!!:p:D

Reactions: Kent

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
I hear you.:)
Malwarebytes for everyone!!;) :):)

I do have an iOBit Advance Care 7 Pro key if anyone is interested. It was a win from a past Giveaway, and no, I don't have a bridge I'm trying to sell either!!:p:D
Snake oil! I'm not interested and I hope no one here on MT is. Ask TwinHeadedEagle about IObit software.
Good night my good friend. Please don't give the key to anyone you like. Give it to your worst enemy!:eek::eek::)

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi ! OK ! How about the trouble shooter in W7?? That's not a 3rd party!!:p
Try the Performance troubleshooter
The first thing that you can try is the Performance troubleshooter, which can automatically find and fix problems. The Performance troubleshooter checks issues that might slow down your computer's performance, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Open the Performance troubleshooter by clicking the Start button
4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818.jpg
, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. Under System and Security, click Check for performance issues.

Attachments

• Capture49.JPG
    Capture49.JPG
    150.9 KB · Views: 340

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Hi ! How many MBAM Apps would you like to try my friends??
Would you rather use IObit programs? Not me!!
https://www.malwarebytes.org/fileassassin/
PS Rootkits are the nastiest of the nasty. Most Malware fighters will not even help you with them. Our friend TwinHeadedEagle will, but he's the best!!
I think it's my bed time. See you tomorrow!

If you are talking about IOBIt stealing MBAM's definitions, that story is past, and specific to that product. IOBit has some excellent products like IOBit Uninstaller rated 5 stars by Softpedia.

Reactions: JakeXPMan

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
If you are talking about IOBIt stealing MBAM's definitions, that story is past, and specific to that product. IOBit has some excellent products like IOBit Uninstaller rated 5 stars by Softpedia.
I'm not talking about about IObit stealing any thing. I agree that story is in the past. I know the story very well and it has caused me a lot of grief. I was there! I do not know about IObit Uninstaller. I use REVO uninstaller. I just know that IObit tried to hack into my PC over 730 times and MBAM stopped them every time. Would you like to comment on that?? Didn't think you would!!
IObit is not well liked on this forum and their software is snake oil and will cause you a lot of problems. I have been there and done that! I have no further comments about IObit! If you have come here to cause me problems; I'm use to that, bring it on!

Reactions: Kent

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.