Jadequest's System configuration is:

Do I have too many extensions in Google Chrome and Firefox?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jadequest99

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 15, 2014

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
How do I delete posts on MT's forums? That I no longer need there?
Hi. As I understand your question, usually Admin. & staff members work diligently to remove duplicate or misplaced posts by moving, removing, or re-locating threads or correcting titles.:) If there is ever a post you may earnestly wish to remove, posting a request on the thread can usually bring Admin. help. Remember, they are not actual Genies.:p:D
Somewhat off topic from your question, yet it's good to know, there are options near the top of your configuration which allow one to alter the title & thread fields of your configuration rather than (as some have done) starting an entirely new configuration thread. My own has amassed to pages!:rolleyes:
Thank you, @jadequest99 , for your kind words and replies too!:)

jadequest99

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 15, 2014
So far so good my wife has tested the newly installed Cyberfox we uninstalled the original Mozilla FireFox and it only crashed once, otherwise I did some CCleaner on my Windows 7 Pro 32-bit OS and restarted CyberFox so far no issues. Thanks to Cats-4_Owners-2 and Sr. Normal for all their input in getting me started what a great Community Website I would suggest MalwareTips to everyone!!

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Very detailed configuration, all layers are covered. as long you use them always instead of displaying from your browser (extensions ) then it should not be the problem.

Standard and optimized: One adblocker (Adblock Plus or Adguard), and HTTPS everywhere.

How do I delete posts on MT's forums? That I no longer need there?

If you post them as "moment ago" then you can delete them using the hyperlink besides likes, quote, and reply. (State your reason and done).

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

jadequest99

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 15, 2014
Hi @jadequest99

I think you have too many extensions.

Choose: ublock or Adblock Plus or Adguard and have only one. I recommend ublock or Adguard

I also have Ghostery , Wot and LastPass not need more for 90 % of my navigation

Do you need so much have dictionaries in the browser when browsing translate ?, I recommend Chrome and derivatives that already has built- icon and and you no need to load an extension translate. I think it's better to open a page that is a dictionary when needed , continually have the extension loaded

Otherwise tell you that you have a very good configuration , when you depures your browser will be excellent

Thanks for sharing, Kind regards
Thanks for your advice and sorry for not responding back in time, I've been so busy with errands try to keep up answering and reply to feedbacks, so yours was very well taken. ;)

S

Sr. Normal

Thanks for your advice and sorry for not responding back in time, I've been so busy with errands try to keep up answering and reply to feedbacks, so yours was very well taken. ;)

No problem, you need not make a revolution on the first day , there you go, as they say in my country , " taking small but steady steps " .
Kind regards :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.