See the review
BOTTOM LINE
See the review

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Yep, it's safe bro. It's just residual installers from various programs you've installed in the past. Create a Restore Point just in case.
Do u know the process of removing old restore points with any of the programs above? I know windows disk cleaner has this , but just for in case .!

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Excellent review. Does anyone know if iobit systemcare is any good?

Based on my experience used, the function of cleaner is fine especially the registry feature part that considered to be safe for regular maintenance.

Reactions: frogboy

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
I have used a lot of these programs in the past and they have all eventually caused some sort of problem with my machines.System restore wont always get you out of trouble likewise restoring the registry.

I prefer hardware solutions like bigger hard drives and more RAM to these risky apps.

Having said all that ccleaner and windows own tools have never caused me any problems.

Good review BM.

Regards Eck:)

Reactions: tonibalas

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
I don't use system restore, have that disabled permanently. I don't like it for many reasons, to security related issues to performance issues. I of course, use independent backup software, also got a HDD with only purpose of use as backup unit.
I would like to switch to Wise cleaner, but my bic question, does it suppport safe deletion as Ccleaner?

Reactions: tonibalas and Ali80

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I don't use system restore, have that disabled permanently. I don't like it for many reasons, to security related issues to performance issues. I of course, use independent backup software, also got a HDD with only purpose of use as backup unit.
I would like to switch to Wise cleaner, but my bic question, does it suppport safe deletion as Ccleaner?
Yes it does...
124.PNG

glasswitch

Level 2
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Thank you so much always liked Wise cleaner but was told ccleaner best- guess not, back to wise cleaner in most cases then:)!

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Thanks for fast reply, great to know that. Do you know what method does it uses? or how many times does it overwrite deleted file? like DOD or 7 passes, Gutmann, etc.
Watching by the speed of deletion I think it uses Random Data Method, or Zero-Pass method. It doesn't say anywhere exactly what method it uses tho...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.