Kelton2's Config

S

Sr. Normal

Hi @Kelton2

Let me recommend that you change the Adblock extension ublock , being lighter and effective , and add the following extensions: Lastpass, https everywhere, wot and Ghostery ( not activate ghostrank ) .
With this you will have a more private and secure browsing .

Enable UAC, please, It is very important

Thanks for sharing , have a nice day

Kelton2

Thread author
Feb 27, 2015
Hi @Kelton2

Let me recommend that you change the Adblock extension ublock , being lighter and effective , and add the following extensions: Lastpass, https everywhere, wot and Ghostery ( not activate ghostrank ) .
With this you will have a more private and secure browsing .

Enable UAC, please, It is very important

Thanks for sharing , have a nice day
Thanks for the tips, will do :)

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Enable UAC as @Sr. Normal suggests and if you do not have any backup software may i suggest Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper both of which have a free version. And maybe Emsisoft Emergency Kit as another on demand scanner. :) Thanks for sharing. :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Adding another on demand scanner like HerdProtect or Hitman Pro for scanning daily basis.

But that config is fine enough just be precautionary measures on the habits you doing in computer.

Kelton2

Thread author
Feb 27, 2015
Adding another on demand scanner like HerdProtect or Hitman Pro for scanning daily basis.

But that config is fine enough just be precautionary measures on the habits you doing in computer.
I am very precautionary (don't click on unknown sites, download random programs, install PUPs with legit programs) so I guess I should be fine wirh your tip.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Definitely enable UAC
Adding another on demand scanner(s) is just like getting a second opinion from the doctor.
CCleaner or Privazer if not already installed
Consider adding Sandboxie free to you config.
Looks good though!!

H

hjlbx

Just a suggestion...consider a firewall option or, at least, a Windows firewall controller.

If your system sits behind a NAT/Cable router then Windows firewall is enough...but you still need a means to monitor any unknown/untrusted outbound connections. In your particular case I suggest Windows 7 Firewall Control, but you can check out worthwhile alternatives here:

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-firewall-protection.htm

I'd stay away from the ones that pile on additional features such as registry monitoring, behavior/heuristic modules, parental controls, etc, etc. Some of those additional features just duplicate coverage already provided by AVAST and do nothing but needlessly consume system resources.

Emsisoft Emergency Kit (EEK) is completely free and will clean the system...unlike Hitman Pro after the 30-day trial period. The free version of Hitman Pro is quite capable, but will not clean your system...that leaves you in a lurch if you do not know how to go about cleaning the infected files (just use the malware removal assistance here at MalwareTips!).

L

LabZero

In addition to Sandboxie i suggest Toolwiz Time Freeze 2015 that is an instant system restore program that allows you to keep your computer system safe and protect your from undesired changes. The program clones your system, creating fully working copies that you can use normally without risking your "real" system.:)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.