Laptop under 600$ ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marvin

Thread author
Nov 25, 2014
Thanks for all the replies. I'm buying one in the US since its even more expensive in Europe.
Thanks for the Acer one.
Looks good although the reviews aren't perfect the specs look good
HD+ would be ok too.
What Do you think about the Pavillon ?

With the AMD Quad-Core A8-6410 Processor + 2GB AMD Radeon R7 M260

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Thanks for all the replies. I'm buying one in the US since its even more expensive in Europe.
Thanks for the Acer one.
Looks good although the reviews aren't perfect the specs look good
HD+ would be ok too.
What Do you think about the Pavillon ?

With the AMD Quad-Core A8-6410 Processor + 2GB AMD Radeon R7 M260
Get Acer with i5 and nvidia ;)

Reactions: mercurial

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
@marvin It's good, but they lack power in terms to intel processor. Also if you are staying in Florida i would advise against it, it needs a bigger head room for heat dissipation.

@marvin Ya the specs on that Acer is offering is quite good for you atleast. As @BoraMurdar suggested go with it, though if you are getting something similar with a different brand say like Lenovo or HP or Dell go with that or else you should be fine with this.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Jack's recommended Acer is a newer & far nicer value than the 3rd generation i-5, 481 PT 6644, I'm typing from now. It's generous
17.3"o_O dwarfs my tiny 14 inch screen!:rolleyes: I'd gladly trade mine for the other which could mean I'd no longer need to plug an HDMI cord into our 32" flat screen!:cool: ..although plugging into larger screens shall remain a nice (albeit non-portable) option.:)

Edit: If you're asking me, I like all of them. Specifically, the Acer (Jack's) is the younger better looking & stronger lap top with the easier on the eyes face (screen)! :):)

Last edited:

marvin

Thread author
Nov 25, 2014
Im in San Antonio
So you're saying that hp and Lenovo
Would be better then Acer ?
Yeah I'm reading reviews for the acer,seems like a good machine

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
marvin can i make a suggestion? I f you have a Windows CD can you buy a laptop without OS?
I am suggesting that because laptop's without OS are cheaper and with the difference in the price you can buy a laptop with better specs, for example instead of an i-3 you can find a laptop with the same money with a i-5 CPU.
Can you check that? I hope i have helped;)

p.s: In my country i can find such offers from some stores

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Other brands that you may consider worth checking are ASUS and Toshiba. :)

They have really good and fine tune specifications right on your budget but of course everything went expensive due to OS component part besides of hardware type.

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
@marvin That's my personal preference, if you are ok with Acer then go with it's not a bad choice. I just don't personally like Acer as a 1st recommendation, personally prefer Asus or Lenovo as 1st preference and Toshiba a close 2nd if it's cheap.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
@marvin That's my personal preference, if you are ok with Acer then go with it's not a bad choice. I just don't personally like Acer as a 1st recommendation, personally prefer Asus or Lenovo as 1st preference and Toshiba a close 2nd if it's cheap.

Exactly. ASUS or Lenovo would be my first preference too.

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
@tonibalas I guess a laptop without os would work, I don't know where I can find them here though. I looked up your laptop and its not available in the US.

What do you think about that one ?
I have no clue if that's a good deal or not

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00KB3LNSY/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1417065065&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70

Thanks for all the replies
That's not really showing the specifaction correctly so can't really comment on it though MSI usually does provide excellent laptops, though check out the cpu model number, the difference between Haswell and Ivy bridge in the mobile market is huge!

Reactions: tonibalas

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
@Cats-4_Owners-2 But..but..I don't like Acer :(.
*Laughing* I'll admit I've projected, somewhat, based upon specifications, the lovely large screen, and voicing my wish that ours were just as nicely appointed.:p My Acer may not be the favourite in our home, but I've chalked this up to it's smaller 14" screen & buggy Windows 8 system which was much improved having upgraded to 8.1. That, and speaking as the man in our house who uses our Acer most, it was the 4th generation i5-4210U Processor with 8 GB Ram that got me! Personally I'd go with tonibalas' idea of getting better hardware on a laptop without an installed OS!!:D
Edit: Another cost efficient method would be to consider lightly used or refurbished models with great hardware.:cool:

Reactions: mercurial

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
@Cats-4_Owners-2 I doubt you will find it without the OS in States, it's mostly in countries where the prices are so high that people prefer to get the OS themselves. Also i rock an i5-4200U (4th Gen) and it's awesome with 8GB RAM, heck i can play games on it without heating up the laptop even without a cooler pad and that's something.

Last edited:

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
marvin the link doesn't show all the specs,if it has 4GB RAM at least i think it's ok.
About OS you can search on the internet to find Windows with licenses as ISO file.
If you can't find anything just let me know to see if i can help you.
p.s.: Ask someone you know if he/she has a CD of Windows 7 or 8.Some years ago companies gave us a CD of Windows when we bought a laptop.
I hope i have helped

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.