Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
I am sick. I had angina
I mentioned the above to a friend that is a Physician, and she noted that the angina symptoms are in addition to "being sick". This is important as about ~20% of folk who have/had Covid experienced anginal symptoms that occurred in even those without any pre-exising cardiac abnormalities.

Although the actual cause of the chest pain is difficult to diagnose fully (may or may not be evidence of myocarditis), a cardiac Cath is recommended if possible to rule out any existing vessel occlusion.

Apologies if this is a bit over the top, but I want my friend S healthy (and happy).

m.

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Pls test antiy beta:
BB also coming later.
1699277143463.gif

• HaHa
Reactions: Nevi

rooney49

Level 1
Jun 14, 2023
Hi Shadowra, can you please test AVG Internet security? I am using KIS currently, but also have AVG Ultimate license. If you can help with recent validation of AVG. Thank you.
Wishing you a speedy recovery. Get well soon.

Reactions: Shadowra

Victor M

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 3, 2022
Hi Shadowra,

Could you do a video review of OpenEDR? It consists of a rebranded Comodo Internet Security plus web console. The web console will be of particular interest to new users who haven't used an EDR before. In particular, the web console shows alerts for malware, auto-containement use and suspicious windows exe use. It will take you longer to prepare, but you can refer to my posts in OpenEDR thread as a starter: Discussion Thread - Comodo Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) is now open source! . Really appreciate it if you would do it.

F

ForgottenSeer 103564

I would like to request tests done a certain way, does not matter which product, or by whom its performed.

1. Using analysis tools to help demonstrate the malware and what it does to the system, and also how the product reacts.

Process Explorer with virustotal enabled for spawned processes to be uploaded in realtime and scanned.

Autoruns with virustotal enabled to show start up entries as they are added to the registry.

Wireshark To show connections made to C&C servers, packets sent back and forth, payloads dropped on system, IP of C&C servers, ect.

2. A look through the system

This would include most common places malware drops and where traces would likely be left over after a product "Removes" the malware, such as User/Appdata folder, ect.

3. Last but not least, most importantly... What damage was done to the system stopping and removing the malware by the product. This i find very important, is the system now corrupted from removal, is the system usable/stable. Scans with sfc /scannow and DISM would most certainly help shed light on things as such for example. Product has a problem if it cripples the system upon removal and even worse yet, does not inform the user it did so.

To me, this shows and teaches users about the malware and how it operates now days, how the products address this, and what damage can result from it, what kind of information can be seen being removed from the system, ect. It reflects on how well the program will keep users safe as well as how it does handling its job and keeping the system usable. That latter part important for those that play "Admin" for older and younger family members. I feel in my opinion, if testing is to be done for sake of teaching, it should reflect accurate, realistic results/information

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
I would like to request tests done a certain way, does not matter which product, or by whom its performed.

1. Using analysis tools to help demonstrate the malware and what it does to the system, and also how the product reacts.

Process Explorer with virustotal enabled for spawned processes to be uploaded in realtime and scanned.

Autoruns with virustotal enabled to show start up entries as they are added to the registry.

Wireshark To show connections made to C&C servers, packets sent back and forth, payloads dropped on system, IP of C&C servers, ect.

2. A look through the system

This would include most common places malware drops and where traces would likely be left over after a product "Removes" the malware, such as User/Appdata folder, ect.

3. Last but not least, most importantly... What damage was done to the system stopping and removing the malware by the product. This i find very important, is the system now corrupted from removal, is the system usable/stable. Scans with sfc /scannow and DISM would most certainly help shed light on things as such for example. Product has a problem if it cripples the system upon removal and even worse yet, does not inform the user it did so.

To me, this shows and teaches users about the malware and how it operates now days, how the products address this, and what damage can result from it, what kind of information can be seen being removed from the system, ect. It reflects on how well the program will keep users safe as well as how it does handling its job and keeping the system usable. That latter part important for those that play "Admin" for older and younger family members. I feel in my opinion, if testing is to be done for sake of teaching, it should reflect accurate, realistic results/information

These changes are planned ;)
I've shot a few videos already so you won't see them, but around early/mid December, you should see them in place!

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Starting Wednesday, I'll send you the videos I have in stock ;)
Then I'm taking a few days' vacation away from my computer - a bit of rest is good for you.

The improvements and changes will come at the beginning of 2024, I think, because I'm planning to change the method but also the whole graphic aspect, and that's a long way off :D

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Then I'm taking a few days' vacation away from my computer - a bit of rest is good for you.

The improvements and changes will come at the beginning of 2024, I think, because I'm planning to change the method but also the whole graphic aspect, and that's a long way off :D
Thank you for all the effort :)

partha_roy

Level 3
Oct 16, 2022

you should take some time off, and take proper care of yourself.. I hope you get better soon

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
you should take some time off, and take proper care of yourself.. I hope you get better soon

Right now I'm mostly making small changes, so they won't be on the videos I'll be posting.
Apart from one where the definition of the video changes a bit, I had to change screen because my Dell 4K died... I switched to a Samsung Odyssey G5 Ultrawide.

And when I change everything, that's it :D (intro included, but I'm keeping the soundtrack I got from a Polish channel)

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello :)

I owe it to myself to explain why there were no videos.
Basically, I hate talking about myself but I prefer to be transparent with my subscribers.

Why no video?

2 reasons:

1) My screen (my Dell 4K) was defective. Unfortunately, I had to replace it. Now I have a 34-inch Samsung Odysee, which took me a while to get used to.
2) It concerns me, but the "couple I had with my other half" no longer exists... I'm not going to go into details, some of you here know it and I don't want to spread my dirty laundry on my topic, but it took me 3 weeks to get over it.
I was even at the point of giving up! But the right people convinced me to keep going, to persevere, and I missed you too.
Yesterday I posted a video, and I'm gradually getting back on track.

So, what about the videos?

I've shot a few, but haven't edited any yet. I still have 3 in stock. Tomorrow I'll publish the Guardio test and Tuesday another.
Then, from the evening of the 6th to the 12th, I'm off on vacation for a while, and then I'm off to a professional training course on the 11th and 12th. So I'll be off.

What's new?

Yes! but not this month! I'm starting to work on it. New decor, new intro (which will be more elaborate), new methodology (thanks @Ultimate Vision ), new tools... in short, 2024 will be a great year!
I intend to keep my rhythm of one video a week, that's enough for me.

In any case, here's a word from your favorite tester, I'm still here and I'll stay here :D

Enjoy,
Shadowra.

Claudio66

Level 1
Apr 9, 2022
Hello :)

I owe it to myself to explain why there were no videos.
Basically, I hate talking about myself but I prefer to be transparent with my subscribers.

Why no video?

2 reasons:

1) My screen (my Dell 4K) was defective. Unfortunately, I had to replace it. Now I have a 34-inch Samsung Odysee, which took me a while to get used to.
2) It concerns me, but the "couple I had with my other half" no longer exists... I'm not going to go into details, some of you here know it and I don't want to spread my dirty laundry on my topic, but it took me 3 weeks to get over it.
I was even at the point of giving up! But the right people convinced me to keep going, to persevere, and I missed you too.
Yesterday I posted a video, and I'm gradually getting back on track.

So, what about the videos?

I've shot a few, but haven't edited any yet. I still have 3 in stock. Tomorrow I'll publish the Guardio test and Tuesday another.
Then, from the evening of the 6th to the 12th, I'm off on vacation for a while, and then I'm off to a professional training course on the 11th and 12th. So I'll be off.

What's new?

Yes! but not this month! I'm starting to work on it. New decor, new intro (which will be more elaborate), new methodology (thanks @Ultimate Vision ), new tools... in short, 2024 will be a great year!
I intend to keep my rhythm of one video a week, that's enough for me.

In any case, here's a word from your favorite tester, I'm still here and I'll stay here :D

Enjoy,
Shadowra.
My personal wish is that you find your balance. Everything else comes later. Even though we are virtual... Thank you for everything you do for us !

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.