Battle Malwarebytes Anti-Malware vs Emsisoft Anti-Malware

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 21043

Emsisoft all the way.

They're behaviour blocker is superb and top notch. The real-time works magnificently. The User Friendliness and User Interface looks awesome, and in my opinion it's better than the Malwarebytes UI.

Malwarebytes are doing a good job, and I do like Malwarebytes. I use them from time-to-time, however when it comes down to protection if I had to choose out of all the current vendors I would go for Emsisoft.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
If I may quote @umbra 's words both products are companion AV's.

Main AVs (aka the cop)
- Norton, Avira, ESET, Avast, Bit Defender, etc...
- the first line of defense of the system ,will have to protect it efficiently against malwares.
- must be run alone without interference from other security programs to insure optimal protection; it is why some of them will check if other security softs are present in the system and will ask to remove them (often true but sometimes it is just for marketing purpose or to avoid the support team to fix potential issues)

Companion AVs (aka the reinforcement)
-Emsisoft, Webroot, MBAM, Immunet, Kingsoft, Tiranium, etc..
- Designed (most often) to be run alongside full-fledge AVs to support them if they miss some malwares (no AVs are 100% efficient against all threats , even if Panda's CEO said its product does ;) )
- Some of them (Emsisoft, Webroot, Tiranium) are specifically designed and coded in their core to give the priority to the Main AV and will kick-in only if a malware is missed by it.
- the others are companion because the way they are implemented and their engine designed is made to not interfere with the Main AV.

So, in some way they are comparable. But in another way, Emsisoft has more protection features than Malwarebytes, and it's overall better IMO.

NullPointerException

Level 12
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
Get both, friend. Several reasons.
  1. Emsisoft is a hybrid AV. It's not exactly AV ; but it's not exactly an anti-malware purist either.
  2. They do not conflict with each other.
  3. If both of them use too many resources, you can always disable one of them.
  4. MBAM and Emsisoft both were meant to run with an AV product.

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
The reg repair mechanics by Malwarebytes are awesome if not the greatest. You can't think of getting infected and not running a full scan with Malwarebytes.

Reactions: testing01
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.