Status
Not open for further replies.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
While Emsisoft is good...I prefer using Quick heal with Malwarebytes. Has been working pretty well for me.

Hopefully you've read the extremely poor results for QuickHeal on MT Community. You're better off using a free antivirus than this piece of junk.

D

Deleted member 178

anyway once you are infected , it is already too late, you are good to reformat. so cleaning abilities are useless imo

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Why not both, except use Malwarebytes as the on-demand scanner (costs nothing) and just pay for Emsisoft?

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Hopefully you've read the extremely poor results for QuickHeal on MT Community. You're better off using a free antivirus than this piece of junk.
Goal of Antivirus is to protect user from malware infection. No matter which AV. If Quick Heal does that to specific member and it's working well on his machine, there's no need to change it, except if user wants to explore and investigate something new...
Don't fix what is not broken.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Goal of Antivirus is to protect user from malware infection. No matter which AV. If Quick Heal does that to specific member and it's working well on his machine, there's no need to change it, except if user wants to explore and investigate something new...

Was an advice to someone who actually "pays" for a meagre product, when there are better free alternatives around. Atleast if he/she didn't know about it.

Techno Mama

Level 1
Oct 26, 2014
Yeah I vote for them being 2 different products. For myself, Malwarebytes is best to be used as a second opinion.

One day I had a warm fuzzy feeling and bought the pro version of malwarebytes as a thank you for them giving me so many wonderful years. And wouldn't you know, they have changed it from one lifetime payment to yearly? Got in just under the gun.

Also just found out that the Bitdefender intrusion detection has never worked correctly in a 64 bit Windows. So I downgraded BD to 2014 and turned Malwarebytes on, full blast, until I decide what I want to do. Yes it has been handy over the years.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Those two have different tracks and of course Emsisoft has the solid features added that can satisfies by a user while MBAM is more a tool for second opinion which focuses on latest threats.

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
I use Emsisoft Anti Malware i'm also a big fan of this program,but the truth of the matter is that Emsisoft has removal problems,it detects more that Malwarebytes most of the time,but Malwarebytes has better removal capabilities than Emsisoft check any video where both programs are used or even check Emsisoft support forums & see that they get ambush with daily removal issues for years. & that is the raw truth,like it or lump it.:)
& it is my main av for 3yr's.

qqamresh

Jun 4, 2014

I totally agree with what you. What works for me might not work for others. But am comfortable with my av solution, megre or not.

Reactions: Ink and BoraMurdar

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Emsisoft all the way. Using and enjoying it a lot. The way it blocks some bad connections from websites is too good. From the day I started using it, I never had any doubt on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.