Battle Malwarebytes Anti-Malware vs Emsisoft Anti-Malware

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoolay88

Apr 13, 2015
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but why is it required to have an AV on top of emsisoft...what exactly does emsisoft do that malware bites or an AV doesn't do?

I'm trying to work out what to get between bit defender and kaspersky internet security packages, using MBAM as a scanner every now and then, so is there any need for emsisoft? Also, I don't want heavy programs or a lot of them running, bloating my system and slowing things down, any help would be appreciated

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but why is it required to have an AV on top of emsisoft...what exactly does emsisoft do that malware bites or an AV doesn't do?

I'm trying to work out what to get between bit defender and kaspersky internet security packages, using MBAM as a scanner every now and then, so is there any need for emsisoft? Also, I don't want heavy programs or a lot of them running, bloating my system and slowing things down, any help would be appreciated

Emsisoft is a full blown Antivirus and can detect wide variety of threat categories meanwhile MBAM focuses more on latest/recent threats so literally different in terms of detection capabilities.

Emsisoft or Kaspersky or Bitdefender(per mentioned, choose one) for realtime only and MBAM for scanner should be fine at all. ;)

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
Next one wrong compare...

if you wanna compare MBAM do it wit SAS or Hitman Pro not with av.. its complete diferent product
for notice some ppl from above Emsisoft AM its stand alone AV is have behavior but not firewall its belong in Emsisoft Internet Security

hoolay88

Apr 13, 2015
Emsisoft is a full blown Antivirus and can detect wide variety of threat categories meanwhile MBAM focuses more on latest/recent threats so literally different in terms of detection capabilities.

Emsisoft or Kaspersky or Bitdefender(per mentioned, choose one) for realtime only and MBAM for scanner should be fine at all. ;)

Thanks, any idea on which one of the three is the lightest in terms of system use and slow down ?

Thanks

Vipersd

Level 6
Verified
Dec 14, 2014
For me discussion what antimalware/AV software is better is useless, because all that software works differently and combining them usually gets you close to 100 % of protection. Also different PC configurations, OS settings and browsing habits are contributing factors why that discussion is useless, try different combinations of protective software and stick to combination that works best for you.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Reactions: monsterturckpa
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.