nothing shows up in the scans

will prob do a test on a vm at some point to see what it picks up

what antivirus are you running and why

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Hi Artaz

I was using Bitdefender 2015 but could not connect to Google Chrome, plus it was blocking my internet connection. I am now using Kaspersky 2015 which I really like. The reason is I like all the features included, like application control, system watcher etc.,

Tony :)

Artaz

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 22, 2014
mmm i wonder why could not connect to Google Chrome, i never use Google Chrome but works fine on my friends
did you have comodo free firewall installed

my old setup was comodo firewall and free avast
i uninstalled both of them before installing defender

comodo left behide a item in my wireless network connections
even after a uninstall ,
so i uninstalled that item manually and it worked right away :)

Artaz

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 22, 2014
Kaspersky 2015 sounds nice , have you done a vm test with it yet
to see what it picks up and what is left behide

Artaz

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 22, 2014
il test it out at some point cause im never settled on just one antivirus
there always up and down on the detect ratio

i like the features you said it has whats the firewall like on it
or are you useing a standalone one

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I'm using their internet security suite 2015. I've heard that the firewall is very good!

Artaz

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 22, 2014
do you use any kind of vpn by the way , i noticed a few people on here use it

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
No I don't use a VPN I have no need to. You should give Kaspersky a go, it's very good. Bitdefender tends to have a lot of bugs

Artaz

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 22, 2014
i got bitdefender for 6 months as a promo
oh thank you for reminding me il post that promo on here if its still up
for uk and people in u.s i think ,

update promo is dead , will post when i find more

Last edited:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Artaz, I liked Privazer, Macrium Reflect (..reminded me I should probably use it for our Windows 7 ..Now!:D) and your configuration as a whole.:cool:
Thank you for sharing it.

Consider reading about and trying Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free here:
Probably the most used add-on extension in our home is the password manager/generator called LastPass. It uses security encryption, is like having an extra/secure bookmarks option (vault), and has made life much easier for my safer yet (sometimes) lazy self!:p:rolleyes: (choose the non-binary file download.)
Among members' favorite free tools here which enhances both system performance and privacy is CCleaner.
Finally (..for now, lol!:D) if you have not yet entered our Free Giveaway
for the Kaspersky Internet security 2015 which Tony Cole endorses,;) you've until 9/25:eek: ...just one day remaining!
Update: You are not alone. My wife suspended her Facebook account. I call MT my other Facebook, and joined Twitter (it's so easy, I used the link on the thread) just for the purpose of entering our Giveaways!:p:D When you join o_O I'll follow you on Twitter!:p:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Artaz

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 22, 2014
Artaz, I liked Privazer, Macrium Reflect (..reminded me I should probably use it for our Windows 7 ..Now!:D) and your configuration as a whole.:cool:
Thank you for sharing it.

Consider reading about and trying Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free here:
Probably the most used add-on extension in our home is the password manager/generator called LastPass. It uses security encryption, and has made life much easier for my safer yet (sometimes) lazy self!:p:rolleyes:
Among members' favorite free tools which enhances both system performance and privacy is CCleaner.
Finally (..for now, lol!:D) if you have not yet entered our Free Giveaway
for the Kaspersky Internet security 2015 which Tony Cole endorses,;) you've until 9/25:eek: ...just one day remaining!

Thank you cats :) yep always good to clean the windows7 comb webs now and again..

will try out your suggestions , not to sure about the lastpass one
and the give away
i would enter but you need Facebook and twitter for them and i dont use any

i know i know :eek:what someone not on them

Artaz

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 22, 2014
Thank you cats :) yep always good to clean the windows7 comb webs now and again..

will try out your suggestions , not to sure about the lastpass one
and the give away
i would enter but you need Facebook and twitter for them and i dont use any

i know i know :eek:what someone not on them
oh do you use any vpn tools by the way , new to it and notice a few people use it on here

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.