my config

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sr. Normal

Hi @osmandemi

The first thing to do is enable UAC. It is very important.

It would be advisable the wot, Ghostery and LastPass extensions, for privacy and safety of navigation.

I have heard very good things abut Vipre , what can you tell me like as a user?

Thanks for sharing , greetings

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Definitely enable UAC
You could add a couple more on demand scanners if you would like to.
Consider some Chrome extensions such as HTTPS Everywhere,WOT and a good password manager.
Looks good though and will look much better with UAC enabled!! Thanks for sharing your config :)

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Your config is good, i just have some suggestions.
Install a second browser ( mozzila based since you have chrome) in case you have some problem with chrome.
Add another on demand scanner like Emsisoft Emergency Kit or Eset Online Scanner or Hitman pro just to be sure and safe.
Thanks for sharing your config.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
osmandemi, thanks for sharing your configuration. Please follow the advice to activate your User Account Control for it is an important protection, not an annoyance.;) I agree with adding secondary scanners, and the recommended extensions too.:)

A free software that safely and effectively keeps your system light while also protecting your privacy is called CCleaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.