My config

H

hjlbx

Hello SourDiesel,

On my W8.1 AMD system Comodo Cleaning Essentials is a bit rough on resources, plus I'm not impressed with its detection capabilities.

This is only a suggestion...if you run into any issues with CCE then a better alternative is Emsisoft Emergency Kit. EEK is light and a more solid "second opinion" scanner.

To be honest you do not need CCE...or EEK for that matter.

Also, I'm not too sure on RegRun Security Suite as I have no experience with it. An additional real-time protection layer, above and beyond Malwarebytes, may needlessly chew up processor capacity. You will have to decide if the incremental protection is worth any system resource expense.

I know the natural inclination is to try to turn your system into a fortress, but adding too much will cause issues while at the same time provide only a tiny amount of additional protection.

I know from experience CyberGhost adds a lot to the start-up process. And depending upon your chosen settings for other software on your system...you currently have quite a load.

Using ESET and Hitman Pro together you already have 3 of the best scan engines - ESET, BitDefender and Kaspersky...and let's not forget MBAM.

I think ESET + MBAM with HMP as back-up scanner will serve you well.

Maybe look into some encryption software if you are so inclined.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: scot

scot

Level 9
Verified
Dec 5, 2014
I have the same opinion as @hjlbx and want to add a little bit to it. CCE has a known problem of consuming high CPU and AVG PC Tuneup is not a very good choice, it creates more problems than it solves.
Thanks for sharing your config with us.

Last edited:
Reactions: frogboy
I

illumination

I would say there is no need to run Malwarebytes Premium with Eset Smart Security 8, just use Mbam as a on-demand, and enable the UAC.. Other then this, config looks real good!

Reactions: YuanJiawj

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Definitely enable UAC
Run MBAM as on demand scanner
Consider uBlock in place of ABD in FF & Chrome
IMO there is no need for Reg Run
Looks good !!

L

LabZero

Good configuration,I would use only CCleaner : safe and won't damage your system because it doesn't use a deep type of scan.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
You can play more on the settings of ESET like their HIPS feature, and seems one of your additional companion protection is better to stay off (RegRun or MBAB pro) caused its already optimized to secure, considering of on demand scanner.

But overall great configuration already.

;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.