Nation Zoom / It is still there

kuttus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
Go to the following Locations and Delete the Folders call \Google\Chrome.

c:\Program Files\
c:\Program Data\
C:\Users\Niels\AppData\Roaming
C:\Users\Niels\AppData\Local
C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming
C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local

After that reboot the computer and install Google Chrome again.

kuttus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
Once again we shall use FRST for additional checks. Re-run FRST/FRST64 by double-clicking:
  • Type wmploc.DLL into the Search: field in FRST then click the Search File(s) button.
  • FRST will search your computer for files and when finished it will produce a log Search.txt in the same directory the tool is run.
  • Please attach it to your reply.

Niels B

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2014
I did what you said. Attached is the two files. I removed everything that had Google or Chrome in the file name from disk C. I had to download unlocker software to remove the file that couldn´t be deleted. After that there was no trace of Google or Chrome on disk C.
When I reinstalled Google Chrome, the ad-ons I had installed showed up again. The Google server must remember which ad-ons I used previously. It could also mean that Nationzoom comes from the Google server itself. Alternativly Nationzoom could be located in the internet explorer 10 files. I will try to look.
What do you think ?

Attachments

• Search.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 93
  • FRST.txt
    35.7 KB · Views: 129

kuttus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from here to your Desktop
  • Unzip the contents to a folder on your Desktop.
  • Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exe
  • Follow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.
  • Make sure there is a check next to Create Restore Point and click the Cleanup button to remove any threats. Reboot if prompted to do so.
  • After the reboot, perform another scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to verify that no threats remain. If there are threats, click Cleanup once more and reboot.
  • When done, please post the two logs in the MBAR folder(mbar-log.txt and system-log.txt)

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.
  • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • When it prompts you to try their 30-day trail, click decline
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is Checked (ticked) except items in the C:\System Volume Information folder and click on Remove Selected.
  • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. please copy and paste the log into your next reply
    • If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this:
    • C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt

Niels B

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2014
Here are the files.
For some reason, the folder Dokuments and settings are locked. I can`t get in. I am locked on the pc as administrator.
I can´t change it, even when I follow instructions.

Attachments

• mbar-log-2014-01-30 (23-13-38).txt
    2 KB · Views: 81
  • system-log.txt
    34.6 KB · Views: 97

kuttus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
Please run Run Autoruns and send me the screenshots of the Tab Scheduled Task, Winlogon and Internet Explorer.

To Take Screen Of Your Screen.
  1. Press PRINT SCREEN (Print Scr) key on Your Keyboard.
  2. Now Open MS Paint
  3. Open Paint by clicking the Start button
    4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_47.png
    , clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, and then clicking Paint.
  4. In MS Paint Click Edit, and then click Paste.
  5. After this Save the File on your computer by Clicking on File --> Save
Add this Saved File in your next Replay

Niels B

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2014
Here it is.

Kmpfa is a training program for Railway controlers and has nothing to do with Nationzoom.

Attachments

• Task.jpg
    Task.jpg
    328.4 KB · Views: 132

Niels B

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2014
Screenshot of internet explorer attached.
Winlogon it seems that it is not possible to show on screen.
I don´t have a password to log on the computer.

Attachments

• Screenshot Explorer.jpg
    Screenshot Explorer.jpg
    393.2 KB · Views: 145

Niels B

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2014
Sorry, I missed that. Winlogon tap didn´t show anything.

Attachments

• Autorun Explorer.jpg
    Autorun Explorer.jpg
    720.7 KB · Views: 137
  • Autorun Winlogon.jpg
    Autorun Winlogon.jpg
    327.3 KB · Views: 138

Niels B

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2014
Was this what you looked fore ?

Attachments

• Internet Explorer Autorun.jpg
    Internet Explorer Autorun.jpg
    388.8 KB · Views: 133

kuttus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
STEP 1: Run the below OTL fix
  1. Start OTL.exe
  2. Copy/paste the following text written inside of the code box into the Custom Scans/Fixes box located at the bottom of OTL

Code:
    :OTL
    FF - HKLM\Software\MozillaPlugins\@verimatrix.com/ViewRightWeb: C:\Program Files\Verimatrix\ViewRight Web\\npViewRight.dll File not found
    FF - HKLM\Software\MozillaPlugins\adobe.com/AdobeAAMDetect: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\CCM\Utilities\npAdobeAAMDetect32.dll File not found
    CHR - default_search_provider: search_url = {google:baseURL}search?q={searchTerms}&{google:RLZ}{google:originalQueryForSuggestion}{google:assistedQueryStats}{google:searchFieldtrialParameter}{google:bookmarkBarPinned}{google:searchClient}{google:sourceId}{google:instantExtendedEnabledParameter}{google:omniboxStartMarginParameter}ie={inputEncoding}
    CHR - default_search_provider: suggest_url = {google:baseSuggestURL}search?{google:searchFieldtrialParameter}client={google:suggestClient}&xssi=t&q={searchTerms}&{google:cursorPosition}{google:zeroPrefixUrl}{google:pageClassification}sugkey={google:suggestAPIKeyParameter},
    CHR - Extension: Google Dokumenter = C:\Users\Niels\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\aohghmighlieiainnegkcijnfilokake\0.5_1\
    CHR - Extension: Google Drev = C:\Users\Niels\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\apdfllckaahabafndbhieahigkjlhalf\6.3_1\
    CHR - Extension: Google-s\u00F8gning = C:\Users\Niels\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\coobgpohoikkiipiblmjeljniedjpjpf\0.0.0.20_1\
    O3 - HKLM\..\Toolbar: (Contribute Toolbar) - {517BDDE4-E3A7-4570-B21E-2B52B6139FC7} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\/Adobe Contribute CS4/contributeieplugin.dll File not found
    [2014/01/30 19:15:49 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Users\Niels\AppData\Local\Babylon
    [2014/01/30 19:15:47 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Users\Niels\AppData\Roaming\Babylon
    [2014/02/01 13:26:09 | 000,002,241 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Users\Niels\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Google Chrome.lnk
    [2014/01/30 19:15:47 | 000,000,000 | ---D | M] -- C:\Users\Niels\AppData\Roaming\Babylon

:commands
    [emptytemp]
    [reboot]

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system
  3. Then click the Run Fix button at the top
  4. Let the program run unhindered, reboot when it is done
  5. Attach the new log produced by OTL (C:\_OTL)

Niels B

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2014
Here is the OTL log file.
When I started Google Chrome to send this reply, Nationzoom show up in the usual way.

Attachments

• 02022014_120842.log
    45.2 KB · Views: 78

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.