New Member Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadameConcorde

Thread author
Apr 16, 2014
Hello to all,

I am new here.
I have one laptop running on XP Pro SP2/3 and I intend to keep it running. This is a fantastic laptop never had any problems with it, too much stuff inside, can still use my good old printer, it's all about good old equipment.

I also have another newer laptop, nice, efficient, smaller but also more fragile, running on Windows 7. Using this smaller machine when I go away on trips.

I am coming to find out how to keep my XP Pro machine totally secure now that Microsoft has ended XP support. Maybe they haven't I don't know. Maybe it's just talk. I have no idea. So many systems are still running XP. I was told about ATMs and banks so they can't just leave them without any security.

I hope some of you will enlighten me on this. Maybe there is even a topic or several here on this forum. I don't want any bugs in my machine. I've been very good until now I want it to be the same and keep my good old laptop safe from any bugs.

Thank you all, admins, mods and participants.

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
Hello and welcome to MalwareTips!

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Hello and welcome :)
Well yes, Microsoft has ended support for Windows XP, I don't know how experienced you are with security and protection of your computer(s) but whatever, the chances of your Windows XP will be infected, whatever your security solution is protecting it, are drastically and progressively increasing.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here and learn a lot of great tips ;)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I have one laptop running on XP Pro SP2/3 and I intend to keep it running. This is a fantastic laptop never had any problems with it, too much stuff inside, can still use my good old printer, it's all about good old equipment. ...I also have another newer laptop, nice, efficient, smaller but also more fragile, running on Windows 7. Using this smaller machine when I go away on trips. ...I hope some of you will enlighten me on this. Maybe there is even a topic or several here on this forum. I don't want any bugs in my machine. I've been very good until now I want it to be the same and keep my good old laptop safe from any bugs.
Hello MadameConcorde, & welcome.:) You fly a very fast jet!:D Older equipment is still useful. Here is an article I've just now read, using my old system too, which I'll share as a "Welcome to MalwareTips" gift, I hope you'll like it as I know you'll like it here.:)
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2014/02/...-xp-users-should-switch-to-lubuntu-this-april

Reactions: Venustus
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.