App Review Norton Security Boot Time Protection Test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

kmr1684

Level 3
Verified
Jun 23, 2014
> Do you have Dr. Web Security Space Version 11 with their Firewall?
no. actually i installed sphini software win10 firewall control

> Did you install sandboxie before and/or after Dr. Web Security Space?

first installed sbie (version 5.06) activated and install every other program i am using then finally i install drweb, basically my practice is after installed os (whatever os it may be), i will start to add all the program i needed to use in day to day acivity, then finally i will install drweb and sometime other firewall or else i will use the drweb firewall itself

sbie_about.jpg

> Do you use any other browsers that work with this combination?
yes. i do now i am posting this reply from firefox monster called nightly with adblockplus with 7 filters loaded in the memory (i.e. nightly almost using 650 mb of ram.)
firefox_nightly.jpg

> Or only Palemoon?
no. even my slimjet browser also runs in sbie.
slimjet.jpg

> What is next to Sandboxie,please? In the above screen capture?
> Post # 18 bottom screen capture.

here is the answer for your question
firewall.jpg

ps: at the moment i am not using any other security product like anti-exe or separate hips like program only drweb with win 10 firewall control

:D

Reactions: Moose

kmr1684

Level 3
Verified
Jun 23, 2014
Paranoid mode with everything maxxed out. As Dr Web has similar starup alerts to that of Qihoo I am curious how it will turn out.

actually or theoretically i will block any program try to add startup entries it may legitimate application or other wise, because when i forget to turn off the preventive protection when install any software or update any installation then drweb will put a warning says start up entry blocked. even if you executive any unknown files then drweb will start a program called com surrogate (you have enable the hardware virtualization for this to work), if you want to see without executing any unknown file, please start the internet explorer then use it for sometime suddenly com surrogate will start and try to check some suspicious activity or something else i did not search it very well. best of luck for your research on drweb.

drwebcom.jpg

this image is just 5 minutes usage of internet explorer. com surrogate pop up finally.

Reactions: Moose

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
@kmr1684,

Looking forward to cruelsister upcoming Boot Time Protection reviews.

I am sure that Dr. Web Security Space Firewall is what stopping Sandboxie on my PC's?
Making Sandboxie not work/start/conflict.
I will see if, I can uninstall the Dr. Web Security Space Firewall. Without completely
uninstalling Dr.Web Security Space?

Other Security Software that I will uninstall one by one is as follow:

> Winpatrol, for scripts.
> WinAntiRansom Plus+, for ransomware.
> Zemana AntiMalware, for worms ect...
> For cleaning of junk, Kerish Doctor.

Thank you for all the additional details, Dr. Web Antivirus without Dr. Web Security
Space 11 without Firewall.

Kind regards

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.