App Review Panda Gold Protection 2015 (Manzaitest)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
M

Manzai

Thread author

advantage

+ Nice interface
+ Panda offers a lot of defense (protection of sensitive data, Firewall etc.)

Inconveignant

- Bad detection
- Cloud : obligatory connection in Internet
- A little heavy
- The PC is blocked in the end, Panda fail in the test

Panda displays a poor score in this test.
It lets a lot of malware, the PC is blocked in the end.
Not recommended.

Star : 1/5 => Poor

LABView707

Level 3
Verified
Aug 12, 2014
You can find malware that will fail any av if you look hard enough and spend enough time testing. The real test is to use those exact same samples against Kaspersky, Norton, Bitdefender, Avast and others. See what happens.

Languy99 use to purposely find malware that would make Comodo look good and other av's look bad.

LABView707

Level 3
Verified
Aug 12, 2014
Well then the test is meaningless unless you use the same samples across the board. Tweaking a program from it's default state is not a real test. Of course if you tweak Kaspersky it will deny everything unknown. I can do that with WSA.

Reactions: RmG152

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
"- Cloud : obligatory connection in Internet"

Bad on panda but not on 360?

I see tons of "user decision" in this review.

personally I think this is your worst review.

M

Manzai

Thread author
"- Cloud : obligatory connection in Internet"

Bad on panda but not on 360?

I see tons of "user decision" in this review.

personally I think this is your worst review.

Yes cloud is quoted, 360 is not only cloud.

Decisions of users are normal, Panda has an anti-executable, it would have blocked everything, so basically cheated in this test.

And no it's not the worst :)

Reactions: FreddyFreeloader

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Yes cloud is quoted, 360 is not only cloud.

Decisions of users are normal, Panda has an anti-executable, it would have blocked everything, so basically cheated in this test.

And no it's not the worst :)

360 without cloud it's only a little ids because offline detection it's poor, but i don't comment anything more about 360 in this thread.

"Panda has an anti-executable" comodo make the same (but deny by default) and its not cheating.

I like to see test denying all and run remain samples 1 by 1, not all at same time (in your test you run remain malware too fast, i think you need to wait a bit after run next sample)

stephentony

Level 1
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Manzai, I do not put much stock in the plethora of YouTube AV tests that are all over the place nowadays. You are one of the few exceptions because I know you aren't just throwing a couple of malware packs at an AV to achieve your results. More and more everyone is a self proclaimed testing expert when we know that just isn't true. You don't have to defend your testing or your impartial nature. I find your test results to be more in line with real world results.;)

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Where is the 100% detection that some ''independent'' labs showed about Panda?:D
Well done Manzai, awesome review once more
Keep on rockin :cool:

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
You can find malware that will fail any av if you look hard enough and spend enough time testing. The real test is to use those exact same samples against Kaspersky, Norton, Bitdefender, Avast and others. See what happens.

Languy99 use to purposely find malware that would make Comodo look good and other av's look bad.

Just take a look here keeping in mind that Manzai ( and other reviewers as well) is NOT a testing lab consisting of many employees.
For me THESE persons makes REAL tests, and put all this effort without any profit, instead of all these ''independent'' labs who showing us all that crap results.
With that said i would like to show my respect to Manzai, The PCSecurity, Malware Test, Malware Doctor, Stargatefans, Cyber Review, G3nericX.

Solarquest

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 22, 2014
Great test as usual!
In the next tests can you please just wait few secs more after executing the malware and show what happends in process hacker?;) thank you!
VM is gone....what happened with the host, did it get infected? :eek:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.