App Review Panda Gold Protection 2015 (Manzaitest)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
Panda is in the middle-of-the-pack of security software. Our Malware Hub testers are a varied, mixed group and they all show Panda within 5-10 % range of each other. Do your own testing and see how Panda does.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
Manzai, I do not put much stock in the plethora of YouTube AV tests that are all over the place nowadays. You are one of the few exceptions because I know you aren't just throwing a couple of malware packs at an AV to achieve your results. More and more everyone is a self proclaimed testing expert when we know that just isn't true. You don't have to defend your testing or your impartial nature. I find your test results to be more in line with real world results.;)
Yes! Yes!! YESSSS!!!

Many testers basically throw in a bunch of malware at the computer and declare it a fail after 0.5 seconds. Everybody at MT, thankfully, doesn't do this. Where are you going to get malware? Does it magically appear, casted my the Malware fairy? Yeah, it comes from the internet, whether it's a popup, email, or drive by, the web or USB is the only way malware can get in!
No need for high detection, I would buy a product with quality USB protection and website blocking, plus good real time, even with bad detection.

Oh, and by the way, @Manzai, can you please add malware coming from a USB to your tests?

Reactions: FreddyFreeloader
M

Manzai

Thread author
Yes! Yes!! YESSSS!!!

Many testers basically throw in a bunch of malware at the computer and declare it a fail after 0.5 seconds. Everybody at MT, thankfully, doesn't do this. Where are you going to get malware? Does it magically appear, casted my the Malware fairy? Yeah, it comes from the internet, whether it's a popup, email, or drive by, the web or USB is the only way malware can get in!
No need for high detection, I would buy a product with quality USB protection and website blocking, plus good real time, even with bad detection.

Oh, and by the way, @Manzai, can you please add malware coming from a USB to your tests?

For the moment I have not seen it yet, I do not know :/

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
Just take a look here keeping in mind that Manzai ( and other reviewers as well) is NOT a testing lab consisting of many employees.
For me THESE persons makes REAL tests, and put all this effort without any profit, instead of all these ''independent'' labs who showing us all that crap results.
With that said i would like to show my respect to Manzai, The PCSecurity, Malware Test, Malware Doctor, Stargatefans, Cyber Review, G3nericX.

don't forget me i test avs and make reviews on them as well

Reactions: NSG001

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.