Pandy's Config

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
My recommendation for avast Free Antivirus is simple, but requires customising your current installation.
- File System Shield
- Web Shield
- Browser Cleanup
- Home Network Security
- avast NG

If, for any reason avast NG front end is consuming your CPU constantly, I recommend to uninstall the NG component.

I would remove avast! Online Security from Google Chrome (or via avast GUI).

Unchecky.com will help prevent toolbars and, or PUP from being installed.

Install CCleaner version 4.x (latest stable) or v4.16 (without real-time monitoring). This will be your privacy and junk file cleaner.

Last edited:

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Add a second browser ( mozilla based) in case you have a problem with Chrome.
Add another on demand scanner like Hitman Pro or Emsisoft Emergency Kit.
Add a password manager to secure your passwords when you are online like Lastpass or Dashlane or Keepass.
Nice config and thanks for sharing:)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@tonibalas A secondary browser? Most Windows users have Internet Explorer left on by default and is a good backup browser*, as well as it's maintained by Windows Update. Firefox is an additional nuisance if OP doesn't use it.

*Excluding Windows XP and Vista users.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I just suggest to have another browser ( besides IE ) in case you have a problem with Chrome.
I have PaleMoon as default and Slimjet as a second browser.
For example sometimes i have problem watching a video with PaleMoon so i switch to Slimjet and watch it there or a page can't load with PaleMoon so i use Slimjet to view it;)
That's why i recommend to have another browser on the pc.
p.s.: IE remains in my system but i don't use it because it doesn't work good on my pc so i use the other 2
And as i said in the beginning is just a suggestion, anyone can choose whatever they want:D

Last edited:
Reactions: frogboy

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
There is a chance A web page or it's function won't work in Webkit engine or Gecko engine. The idea is to have a second chance for compatibility. Your browser can also get infected and non functional, a backup browser is always good stuff.
As the crew above, I use Pale Moon x64 since it uses better my Windows x64 and compatible x64 cpu, and my 8GB ram. If you run a x64 windows with the required system resources running a native x64 browser like Pale Moon is great. Also Pale Moon has way better privacy than Chrome and Firefox.
PD: Cyberfox is also good

darko999 explained it way better than me:D

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
You could add 1 or2 more on demand scanners
Add HTTPS Everywhere to Chrome
CCleaner or Privazer
Looks good thanks for sharing your config :)

Janl92l

Level 7
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
mbam is more than enough for a one demand scanner. no need for a extra one. https everywhere becomes usless because almost all big site use https as standart now and it will be more in the future, so this extesion becomes outdated and dont have any extra security for u. i would add ccleaner with ccenhancer for privacy and cleaning ur pc.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
From backup or recovery you need also external HDD/USB so you can accessed those files quickly. More backup locations much better. ;)

Reactions: tonibalas

Pandy

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 19, 2014
I added the HTTPS everywere and Lastpass to chrome. Also downloaded Unchecky and CCleaner
@Huracan I wasnt sure what u ment with the avast things u mentioned in ur first reply. All i could find with couple of quick google searches that they are in the premium packages of Avast and id rather not buy anything like that

Last edited:
Reactions: tonibalas

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.