Pandy's updated Config (just reinstalled Windows)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
None I can see anything problem, considering a backup and recovery for easy undo changes. ;)

Reactions: Piteko21

Pandy

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 19, 2014
What firewall are you using? Windows default one?

I havent installed a Firewall as i think the windows one will be decent enough, Altough if you can give me solid reasons to get one then i could :p

Good configuration :) You can add HTTPS Everywhere for your browsers.
For Firefox based browser, I can recommend you Cyberfox Browser which I am using now.
This browser separately optimized for AMD and Intel processors, you can see the Intel one in the pic. Cyberfox also create x86 bit browsers both AMD and Intel.
http://malwaretips.com/threads/cyberfox-web-browsers.23493/

Thanks, I am currently downloading it, and gonna give it a shot. Im not a fan of Firefox but i can just install it and maybe use it if something doesnt work on Chrome

Reactions: Piteko21 and yigido

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
beautiful combination, simple and powerful, like
all necessary and useful to be protected online.;)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing your configuration, Pandy. I liked (imho) your essential extensions, scanners, and the CCleaner you've brought together; and Cyberfox has become the main Mozilla sourced browser on our own Windows 8.1 system too!:)

In Chrome, let's block 3rd party cookies.
  1. From Settings scroll to the bottom >> Show Advanced settings...
  2. Under Privacy choose >> Content Settings... >> Cookies >> There, mark the box "Block third party cookies & site data"
  • Additionally, mark the circle "Keep local data only until you quit browser"
*Optional for added privacy: Browse using "Incognito", but remember, in extensions, to check the boxes in order to allow extensions you wish to use in incognito.

If you utilize 360 TS's sandbox feature you might find the following thread of interest.
An optional free sandboxing app is called sandboxie.
You've a very good configuration I can admire. Congratulations for successfully reinstalling Windows too!:D

Reactions: akuigla

Pandy

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 19, 2014
Thank you for sharing your configuration, Pandy. I liked (imho) your essential extensions, scanners, and the CCleaner you've brought together; and Cyberfox has become the main Mozilla sourced browser on our own Windows 8.1 system too!:)

In Chrome, let's block 3rd party cookies.
  1. From Settings scroll to the bottom >> Show Advanced settings...
  2. Under Privacy choose >> Content Settings... >> Cookies >> There, mark the box "Block third party cookies & site data"
  • Additionally, mark the circle "Keep local data only until you quit browser"
*Optional for added privacy: Browse using "Incognito", but remember, in extensions, to check the boxes in order to allow extensions you wish to use in incognito.

If you utilize 360 TS's sandbox feature you might find the following thread of interest.
An optional free sandboxing app is called sandboxie.
You've a very good configuration I can admire. Congratulations for successfully reinstalling Windows too!:D

Thanks, Im gonna look into the TS's sandbox feature later, i will also disable cookies.
I dont really use incognito mode much, but when i do i dont need extensions, but thanks for suggesting that.
IM also going to be setting up Virtual machine stuff to test malware, So i will also skip sandboxie for now :p

But yea, This was actually my 2nd reinstall, As i failed something the first time and i couldnt install .net 3.5 :p
(Had some access is denied, but i thought it was bcause i kinda got mad and turned off my comp mid installing updates on W-Update :p)
But now its working great xD

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Other than a back up solution it looks good!! 360 TS has a sandbox also,I believe.
I think you have everything covered on a fresh install. I wouldn't add anything more to it.
Nice config!!! Thanks for sharing it :)

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.